Who were your teachers/mentors?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Liberty Market Investment, Apr 27, 2020.

1. nursebee

nursebee

Failure, followed by leaning into the pain, those were my mentors.

#81     May 25, 2020
    comagnum likes this.
  2. Onra

Onra

Noooo.... :wtf: :wtf: (on the first and on the latter...)

#82     May 25, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  3. Hello themickey,

Thank you for sharing your trading journey with us. For me, it is very nice to see your journey and experiences lead you to great rewards.

I like hearing about day traders making money. It inspires me.

Great work.

#83     May 25, 2020
  4. ironchef,

Question for you sir. Have you tried trading the way you want to trade and what makes sense to you "only"?

For example, I do not like picking tops and bottoms. I am slave and the market is my master. When I wake up in the morning, and see prices going up, I go long, if see prices going down, I go down. I am a follower, not a leader.

#84     May 25, 2020
  5. themickey

themickey

The weather bureau guys when they make forecasts, I would imagine use instruments which read pressure and moisture, humidity and get data from satellites.
    I doubt they would spend too much time looking at historical charts, but if they did, it would be for confirmations and to gain an historical perspective and training purposes for noobs. But their main analysis would be current data, not charts and not from standing on a balcony looking at the sky.
    Likewise, during each trading day I don't refer to charts other than a quick confimation squiz if I'm about to pounce. My laptop is looking at rows of math formula results, not charts.
    After 30 years in this business do you think success comes from following the TA rut that millions are following?
    A chart is maybe 2% of my analysis and its a 5 second peek - like a sideways glance.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    #85     May 25, 2020
  6. ironchef

ironchef

I want to sit on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean, or Cannes, or Monte Carlo, trade from my laptop, no need to work, just use the auto signals generated by my code, place a couple of trades a day and make enough to pay for everything I want. I tried, it didn't work. :mad:

So, I trade the only way I know how to eke out a living. :banghead:

Actually it is not bad, I do research, I read, I trade, just me and my computers, no need to socialize with anyone, no employees, no boss.... Not a bad way to make a living! :cool:

#86     May 26, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  7. ironchef

ironchef

@themickey, I get it, after 30 years you are at peace with yourself and want to leave well enough alone.

Me, I am not there yet.

Peace.

#87     May 26, 2020
  8. Yes sir. I am with you on that part buddy.

#88     May 26, 2020
    Onra likes this.
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Not sure where you're located but international border restrictions not likely for the remainder of 2020 but European countries will decide on June 15th when to reopen its borders.

Most likely you'll be stuck wherever you're currently located.

It's going to be a summer for exploration of our own neighbourhoods. That's ok unless you're living in a boring place.

wrbtrader

#89     Jun 3, 2020
  10. ironchef

ironchef

Yes, I am stuck in boring Southern California.

#90     Jun 4, 2020