Who we are

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jj_jere@hotmail, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Good days for me are about 1000 trades or 500 roundturns. Lesser days about 200 roundturns. So anywhere between half a second and a few minutes per trade.

Bachelier

#11     Feb 17, 2002
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

I'm very impressed with your dexterity, ability to instantaneously read charts/tape (whatever is your poison), intestinal fortitude, and nimbleness to keep it up all day. 1000 trades over the course of a normal trading day (6.5 hrs or 390 minutes) means you average one trade about every 23 seconds, minute after minute, hour after hour, all friggin' day. Amazing...hope you're making a killing with that kind of high-burn rate.

#12     Feb 17, 2002
  3. Thank you!

Unfortunately, I don't and I get to keep only a small amount of my profits ;-)

#13     Feb 18, 2002
  4. One of the best trade for me for last year was a position i held for a month. Doubled my trading capital.But most of my trades are hours or three to five days.

#14     Feb 18, 2002
  5. [1]Profit s time--1/2 hour[ on daytrade] candle charts and more ,for example first 1/2 FEB. [2]Cut loss time --pay more attention to my written stop loss than the usual ''jumping jack lunchtime pattern''[oops ,on TYC lunchtime sell off recently'':) [3]Usually use smaller moving averages when the trends are smaller,like first 1/2 of FEB..............................[4]Swing trade,not much lately,but less than 5 full days,usually.................

#15     Feb 18, 2002
  6. Bachelier, How long have you scalped and where do you do so at? I have for about a year and a half and I trade in SoCal at Andover.

I am like Bachlier above, I do about 200-300 roundtrips a day on average. On the low end of that currently. I scalp nasdaqs, therefore, my average trade lasts about 30-45 seconds probably. If I hold something several minutes, that is a position trade to me and I get very nervous. My quickest trade has been instatntaneously to 1 second when taking advantage of crossed markets, and longest, about 10 minutes on the fed cut two januarys ago.

#16     Feb 18, 2002
  7. I've been scalping for about 5 months now. Before I momo-traded my own account for about the same time.

#17     Feb 19, 2002