Who watches True Blood?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rearden Metal, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Rome was great !
    RM , no mentioning of "Weeds" ???

:p

#11     Jun 23, 2009
  2. #12     Jun 23, 2009
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Is there any hot lesbian vampire sex in this show?

#13     Jun 25, 2009
  4. Like this?

[​IMG]

sorry, here's a mop to clean up that mess you just made

#14     Jun 25, 2009
  5. I have heard the show was pretty good, definitely going to have to check it out now. On a bit of a side note, what has been your favorite HBO or Showtime series?

#15     Jun 28, 2009
  6. Either Oz or True Blood.

#16     Jun 28, 2009
  7. See, what's awesome with this show is the wildly unpredictable nature of the whole thing. Even as someone who usually figures out the end to every movie, True Blood remains nearly impossible to predict.

*Warning* *Spoilers!*

I thought I was so brilliant to have figured out that Marianne was the minotaur a month ago... but then there's like ten other things I completely missed. Like Daphne=sweet innocent doe= Marianne's evil pig sidekick... and it's not like they didn't leave enough clues to that. I do appreciate a show that's smarter than I am.

They never take anything in the obvious direction... If it were some ordinary predictable show, I'd fully expect Jason to somehow stumble upon his sis locked in the church basement, and then proceed to rescue her with a little help from the reverend's hot wife. How much you wanna bet that's <b>NOT</b> where they'll go with this next week?

OK, trying to predict the unpredictable here: I think Sam might actually die for real. He's kinda disposable... the show has plenty of cool main characters to pick up the pace in his stead.

#17     Jul 27, 2009
  8. I heard good things so I watched an episode. I thought it was awful. Just terrible. What am I missing? I don't think I can sit through the first season and the rest of this season just to figure out every episode is just as bad as the one I watched.

So far HBO has Deadwood and Rome. Everything else has been overhyped. Sopranos had a decent season or two but mostly it was pretty tough to waste an hour on that show, too.

#18     Jul 27, 2009
  9. Ok, two main possibilities come to mind.

1) There are entire genres that I find completely unwatchable, such as horror & chick flicks. I don't care how good any movie or show of these types is supposed to be- it just isn't for me.

True Blood is fantasy, another one of those genres that simply isn't for everybody. If you didn't like the Lord of the Rings films either, that's probably the problem.

2) If that's not it, maybe you'd like the show if you hadn't started watching it from the middle. Picking up on True Blood from a random Season 2 episode is like trying to jump into a movie after you've missed the first hour. The very first Season 1 episode is out on DVD, and viewing that alone should be enough to addict most people.

#19     Jul 28, 2009

10. I LOVED OZ, man that show was awesome. I used to get stoned and laugh out loud to myself because it was a total male soap opera.

#20     Sep 17, 2009