Who watches True Blood?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rearden Metal, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Seven years ago this thread alerted me to a pretty cool new series I hadn't previously heard about.

In that spirit, I'm now paying it forward with the public service announcement that True Blood is the coolest fucking thing on TV right now. You're probably not watching it, but you really should.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I've seen previews of it. For some reason it doesn't appeal to me personally.

I was more of a "Deadwood" kinda guy.

3. mxjones

mxjones

I am halfway thru the first season on DVD, and I have to say it is excellent. It never appealed to me from the previews, but I finally broke down and decided to watch...and I am glad I did.

So far, really good...and I hear it gets better as the season goes on. And I hear the first few episodes of Season 2 are great so far.

4. No doubt, your teachers and employers would agree. :D

5. mxjones

mxjones

I like:

"No doubt, your wife and past girlfriends would agree."

6. There is no need to assume mutual exclusivity in our responses.

7. What if I told you that the same guy who plays E.B. Farnum in Deadwood is also the sheriff in True Blood?

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Without even checking, I wouldn't argue with you.

It still wouldn't make me want to watch it though.

I liked the overall setting, story line and at least an attempt at some realism. Muddy streets and 19th century language for instance. The constant "F" word aside, it had a certain eloquence to it. Sometimes even when spoken by less educated folks.

People just don't talk like that any more.

Anyway I'm not usually a die hard fan of individual actors or stars.

9. Speaking of highly eloquent sleaze in an historic setting, and also cancelled by HBO despite being awesome... ever watch 'Rome'?

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I saw several episodes. I thought it was pretty good.

I especially liked (them) being able to cut a personal enemy's head off and then stroll home to do the wife. No forensics, no fingerprints. Ah man, now those were the good ole days.

:)

#10     Jun 23, 2009