who watches 24?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gordon Gekko, Oct 20, 2002.

1. #51     Feb 4, 2003
  2. rs7

rs7

Interesting...I am glad they realized that the amnesia was so weak in last year's story. But overall, I think the show is by far the best network show.

Gave a shot to Kingpin....seems to have potential to be pretty good. Hope it is, so I can keep my Sunday and Tuesday only tv schedule. Sopranos still rules, but waiting a year to see a few episodes is expecting a bit much from viewer loyalty. I know the producers contend that they would rather have less quantity and greater quality. Seems reasonable. But still................I work every day, why can't they at least try? (Too rich I guess..unlike me:().

Peace,
    :)rs7

#52     Feb 5, 2003
  3. rs7

rs7

As usual, a few good "wows" in tonights episode. Not the best of them, but the bar is raised pretty high. I guess sometimes they need to write in stuff to set up for future action.

However the Victioria's Secret commercial at the halfway point made up for any lack of anything in the show. Still gets my vote as best network program! I will continue to be aware of Tuesday nights (and Sunday's when the new Sopranos comes back).

#53     Feb 11, 2003
  4. this show is INTENSE!

those scenes tonight about killing ali's family were probably some of the worst i've seen on tv. they were bad, but i'm glad they showed them because it makes the show realistic and i'm very against censorship. those scenes raised a very interesting ethical issue.

anyway, just wanted to point out something that impressed me. it's a known fact that if you wanted to detonate a nuclear bomb and have it do the most damage, you'd detonate it high above ground. i knew about this even before tonight's episode. i have even wondered how terrorists would accomplish this in real life if a nuclear bomb were to be detonated in the USA. i thought about how they would get the bomb high above ground. although obvious now, i didn't even think of what they said in 24 tonight: fly a plane over a city and detonate the bomb in air. that is frighteningly realistic. if it ever happens, that's probably how they'd do it; you could even fly the plane to the exact altitude of maximum blast damage.

#54     Feb 11, 2003
  5. indeed. :)

#55     Feb 11, 2003
  6. rs7

rs7

Gordo.........I KNOW ART when I see it:)
    And what is important in life!!!!!

:)

#56     Feb 12, 2003
  7. 24 IS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!! I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS!!

#57     Mar 4, 2003
  8. Rs8.5

Rs8.5

You guys on the west coast that have not been watching this show should treat yourself to tonight's episode. It really doesn't need to be in context (though of course it helps). But tonight's show, to me, set a new high water mark in network series scripting, acting and overall quality for this genre.

Taught, suspenseful, and surprisingly little "action" for this show. More dialogue. Almost "stage play" like.

As to the regular watchers......those who have already seen tonight's show, and those who live on the wrong side of the continental divide. and haven't yet........we all know that the show ALWAYS has it's abundance of "WOW" moments. But tonights last few seconds!!!! OH WOW!!!

Peace,
    :)Rs8.5

#58     Apr 29, 2003
  9. Tonight's episode was amazing ...

{Spoiler ALERT -- if you haven't seen tonight's episode, don't read below}

THEY VOTED THE PRESIDENT OUT OF OFFICE!! WTF were they thinking?!

#59     Apr 29, 2003
  10. hehe, my friend bought the season 1 dvd pack and we watched it in 3 days of 8 episodes each day. Can't wait for the season 2 dvd to come out. Any idea how many more epis there on tv?

DNAJ65000

#60     Apr 30, 2003