who watches 24?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gordon Gekko, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Tonight's episode was way too stressful for me! The only thing keeping me glued to the show is Elisha Cuthbert's spandex shirt!.:D

#21     Nov 12, 2002
  2. last night's episode ROCKED. i watched it twice already.

24 rules!!!!!!!!!!

#22     Nov 13, 2002
  3. rs7

rs7

That was last week. Tonight's episode was great also!

Tony: "What's your password?"
    George: "Hendrix"
    Tony: "With an 'x'?"
    George: "How else would you spell it?"

And in the closing scene....the pictures of the person who gave the order is Nina!?! Too cool!

Me and Gordon G. have something in common (Should have known long ago that we were kindred spirits):D
    I love this show!!

Peace,
    :)rs7

PS: Who can help me properly size the photo of Elisha onto my desktop? Wallpaper that would fit would be ideal!
    I can't make it happen:(
    Also, is the picture messing up the sizing of this page?
    Are my Explorer settings wrong if it is? (getting
    horizontal scroll bar....)

#23     Nov 19, 2002
  4. js1257

js1257

I haven't seen tonites episode but this is the best thing to happen to TV since??? Hell it's just damn good I can't think of any program as good as this.

#24     Nov 19, 2002
  5. yep, it's great. 24 is my favorite show on tv. it's awesome!

#25     Nov 20, 2002
  6. yeah, that was a great ending. i thought they would end the episode with us wondering who was in the photo, but then it was nina! awesome! nina rocks! i predict jack gets something out of nina if he tells her a nuke is going off which will kill her, too. maybe her prison is in the zone of the explosion. nina is a tough cookie, but i think she'd give in to save her life. maybe she doesn't even know about the nuke. this is just weak speculation on my part.

mason is cool; i like him. one part i liked from last week's was when mason and the police were entering the warehouse. when they first walked in with their guns drawn, a cop yelled, "HELLO?!!?" if you listened carefully, mason says to the cop, "hello!? shhhh!!!"

i don't want mason to die. :mad:

i hope rayburn isn't gone forever, but he probably is. he was a good pain in the ass for palmer.

#26     Nov 20, 2002
  7. rs7

rs7

Talk about a bleak prognosis!!!!! Gotta remember to stay away from plutonium from now on. I swear to god I will NEVER play around with that stuff anymore. I mean it!! Definitely!!!

Peace,

#27     Nov 20, 2002
  8. rs7

rs7

Keeps getting better. Last night I found myself saying "wow" on numerous occasions.

The only shows I watch regularly are "24" and "The Sopranos". No doubt that the Sopranos is the better cast and better acted and more polished of the two. But "24" has it all over the Sopranos as far as plot twists and just plain being "stylish".

Both shows have great dialogue. Both shows stand apart from tradition in that main characters die off. I understand this happens a lot in the soaps, but never having watched them, it is my guess that because they are endless, the actors need to have a way of leaving and at the same time give the scripts some continuity.

But in ''24", there are unique elements of how the characters die off. In the Sopranos, it was clear that Ralph had to go. He was out of control. And Pussy. And Richie. But they were all gangsters who just figured to die early and brutal deaths.

In "24", the wife, Teri, was killed last year. Quite a shock. Not a criminal. Not a protagonist. Just a good soul and a good part of the cast. Not a typical and predictable ending for her. Another "wow". Now George is going to die. He has inhaled plutonium and has a day to live. But because of the format of the show, a day is the rest of the season. So we know he is dying, and yet his character can still be an integral part of the plot and he can still function in his role to a degree yet to be determined by us...the audience. And the reaction of Jack to hearing the news....great theatre! As was his reaction to hearing that Nina..the woman who murdered his wife (and was his mistress), is getting a presidential pardon. And yet, the president tells Jack, he will "make it right".

Great scripting. Great plot, and excellent acting. But most impressive to me, is that like The Sopranos, there is very little predictability and no limits on what can happen. In a show like Alias, which someone here was touting, you KNOW that the heroine will always prevail. But in "24" and "The Sopranos", anything can happen. And that is a major leap from what has been the "happy ending" formats of virtually every previous television show ever (to my limited recollection). Was there ever any doubt that The Fugitive was going to prevail? But what will happen to Tony Soprano? No safe bets on these shows. And to me, that is what, for now, has set them apart.

Maybe I like these shows for the same reason I like trading. Every day is an adventure. I never know what is going to happen. I can try and anticipate, but I can only hope to be right a bit more than I am wrong. When I was in the restaurant and bar business, I always knew what each day (or night) was going to bring (pretty much). Trading is always exciting and never scripted (too bad). But that is what makes it great. Maybe traders are the target audience for these two TV shows. They got me, and they got me good. Sort of like a federal reserve announcement every Sunday and Tuesday night. Unpredictable, but you know something dramatic is going to take place!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!

Peace,

#28     Nov 27, 2002
  9. rs7,

i, too, thought teri dying last season was a great ending! i also love how anything can happen. we don't always expect the good guys to win.

the "make it right" quote from palmer was definitely big. that could open a lot of doors. if nina gets away, maybe another season of 24 could be jack hunting her down or something.

i just found out that the guy who plays george mason is in terminator 2. it's funny to see that guy in the movie. he plays the stepfather of john connor. he also gets stabbed in the head by the liquid metal guy. i have terminator 2 on tape, so i checked it out. pretty funny...

[​IMG]

what do you think about the ambassador's helicopter crashing? do you think the usa did it so that we wouldn't give info away, even though that's what palmer wanted to do? that's what i lean towards, but i'm not sure....

the previews for next week look awesome. jack is PISSED at nina! "YOU ARE GOING TO TELL ME EVERYTHING I WANT TO KNOW OR I WILL KILL YOU!"

http://homepage.mac.com/csdesigns/24.html

#29     Nov 28, 2002
  10. nitro

nitro

I have never even heard of this show

nitro :(

#30     Nov 28, 2002