who watches 24?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gordon Gekko, Oct 20, 2002.

1. the show is a learning instructions for jihadists.

#151     Mar 27, 2006
  2. hcour

hcour Guest

Good, glad to hear seasons 3 and 4 are good. The quality of most tv dramas seems to diminish around the 5th season or so. It's gotta be tough to sustain it for that long.

I should get discs 5 & 6 tomorrow and will probably finish watching the 2nd season by next wk.

H

#152     Mar 28, 2006
  3. TGregg

TGregg

I like the show, never tuned in before this season. Some of the plot holes are annoying though, like if Samwise lost his CTU access card, how'd he get back in? And how come Jack can make it to anywhere in LA in ten minutes? And what kind of handgun does he have that can take out a helicopter (and where can I get one)?

But it's a good series. If you don't like it, you can always borrow Married with Children from the library or something. ;)

#153     Mar 28, 2006
  4. atrocious imo, sooo over da top...then again am biased against all movies and action stuff, especially the late ones; documentaries much more enjoyable imho.

#154     Mar 28, 2006
  5. speaking of 24, I went to college and was good friends 'Agent Burke' :)

#155     Mar 28, 2006
  6. Bingo! I'm watching the season 5 DVDs, and <i>some</i> plot holes are forgivable, but MAN- How can Jack <b>NOT</b> make a copy of that crucial evidence recording implicating president Logan before passing it along to (secretary of defense) Keller?!

I mean, come on! All he had to do was call his voice mail/answering machine and play the tape for five seconds to get it copied. Only a retard would neglect to do something so obvious.

#156     Jan 14, 2007
  7. I do not have cable or any entertainment tv system. I figure it would distract me from business and trading. So I feel left out. With all these posts, it must be a good show. Could someone post a bit on what '24' is and who it stars? Is there a place on the net I can download an old show or two?

#157     Jan 14, 2007
  8. hcour

hcour Guest

Saw this on another board. Not sure if it's been posted here before, if so, sue me. A variation on the Chuck Norris thing:

Jack Bauer doesn't read, he just stares down books until they give him the information he wants,

Jack Bauer never retreats, he just attacks in the opposite direction.

Some people see the glass as half full. Others see it as half empty. Jack Bauer sees the glass as a deadly weapon.

When a convicted terrorist was sentenced to face Jack Bauer, he appealed to have the sentence reduced to death.

When bad things happen to good people, its probably fate. When bad things happen to bad people, it's probably Jack Bauer.

There are three leading causes of death among terrorists. The first two are Jack Bauer, and the third one is heart attack from hearing Jack Bauer is coming for them.

The city of Los Angeles once named a street after Jack Bauer in gratitude for his saving the city several times. They had to rename it after people kept dying when they tried to cross the street. No one crosses Jack Bauer and lives.

Withholding information from Jack Bauer is now classified as a suicide attempt.

Jack Bauer doesn't need a receipt to return something to a store, just a gun.

Once, someone tried to tell Jack Bauer a "knock knock" joke. Jack Bauer found out who was there, who they worked for, and where the bomb was.

Passed out, surrounded by terrorists and nerve gas, and handcuffed to a table leg, Jack Bauer laughed to himself and said, "I have them right where I want them."

When Jack Bauer ran out of ammo, he caught 3 bullets in his chest and used them to reload.

As a child, Jack Bauer taught his dog to play dead...once.

Jack Bauer thinks the word mercy just means "quick interrogation."

If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.

The only reason Jack gave Nina mouth to mouth in Season 2 was because he had to kill her himself.

If everyone on "24" followed Jack Bauer's instructions, it would be called "12".

Life doesn't give Jack Bauer lemons. Life asks him which fruit he wants.

The 2007 budget for the US Military covers Jack Bauer, two pistols and four billion rounds of ammunition.

When asked what he got on his S.A.T's, Jack Bauer promptly responded "Blood."

Jack Bauer doesn't need to eat, sleep, or use the bathroom because his organs are afraid of making him angry.

Jack Bauer is the only human in the world with the ability to make Chloe O'Brien drop the personality disorder and patch him through.

There have been no terrorist attacks in United States since Jack Bauer has appeared on television.

Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.

Upon hearing that he was played by Kiefer Sutherland, Jack Bauer killed Sutherland. Jack Bauer gets played by no man.

The state of California plans to reduce violent crime by changing the method of capital punishment from lethal injection to Jack Bauer.

Jack Bauer let himself be drugged, beaten and captured inside a crate on a Chinese ship heading out of the USA with no way for help to find him. Now he has them right where we wants them.

Jack Bauer does not get taken prisoner. He puts himself in a disadvantageous position so as to make his next several killings more dramatic.

Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

1.6 billion Chinese are angry with Jack Bauer. Sounds like a fair fight.

Jack Bauer definitely loves his daughter; he wouldn't let anyone else who made that many stupid decisions live.

If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

When Kim Bauer lost her virginity, Jack Bauer found it and put it back.

...and on the seventh day Jack Bauer said, "I'll take it from here."

Jack Bauer sleeps with a pillow under his gun.

Jack Bauer doesn't have a firewall on his PC. He has a Bauerwall. It's basically just a JPEG of Jack Bauer. No virus has ever attacked Jack Bauer's PC. Ever.

If Jack Bauer's gun jams, it's because he wanted to beat you with it.

Only Jack Bauer can fly a plane from the luggage compartment.

Jack Bauer could strangle you with a cordless phone.

The only reason the Chinese kept Jack alive is so that he could bring down the population.

Jack Bauer can break anyone and anything, but he will always break the protocol first.

Jack Bauer is currently involved in a complex law suit with the California Department of Justice due to their attempt to ban Jack Bauer as an "Assault Weapon". Jack maintains he is primarily used for hunting and target shooting, and is quite safe to have around families. But statistics don't lie.

Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice. Jack Bauer would meanwhile do something important.

On a high school math test, Jack Bauer put down "Violence" as every one of the answers. He got an A+ on the test because Jack Bauer solves all his problems with Violence.

Jack Bauer played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.

After Season 6 of 24, the Chinese will be on the Endangered Species List.

It's no use crying over spilt milk... Unless that was Jack Bauer's milk. Oh you are so screwed.

If Jack Bauer gives you his word, return it immediately and run.

Superman is one of the few individuals who could possibly survive a confrontation with Jack Bauer. But that is only because he can fly away.

A standard deck now contains 48 cards. Too many people were getting hurt for trying to play Jack.

"You don't know Jack" is a blessing among terrorists.

Jack Bauer once won a game of Connect 4 in 3 moves.

Jack Bauer is the leading cause of death in Middle Eastern men.

When someone asks him how his day is going, Jack replies, "Previously, on 24..."

MTV once tried to 'Punk' Kiefer Sutherland by staging a robbery in a store. Sutherland smiled and pulled out his SIG and shot 3 actors in the head. This is why there was a new cast on Punk'd after season one.

Jack Bauer was never addicted to heroin. Heroin was addicted to Jack Bauer.

In order to control illegal immigration in the United States, the president installed cardboard cutouts of Jack Bauer along the US/Mexico border.

When Jack Bauer used Herbal Essences, the shampoo had an orgasm.

Jack doesn't believe in Murphy's Law, only Bauer's Law: "Whatever CAN go wrong, WILL be resolved in a period of 24 hours."

Superman's only weakness is Kryptonite. Jack Bauer laughs at Superman for having a weakness.

When you go to hell, it's just a room with you and Jack.

American Idol is only popular because it has a commercial for 24.

When Jack Bauer goes to the airport and the metal detector doesn't go off, security gives him a gun.

Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry.

In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 people and saved the world 4 times. What have you done with your life?

There is the right way, the wrong way, and the Jack Bauer way. It's basically the right way but faster and more deaths.

Jack Bauer arm once wrestled Superman. The stipulations were the loser had to wear his underwear on the outside of his pants.

Going to China is all part of Jack Bauer's master plan to rid the world of Communism.

Jack Bauer doesn't miss. If he didn't hit you it's because he was shooting at another terrorist twelve miles away.

Jack Bauer went as himself one year for Halloween. It was voted as the most terrifying costume in Halloween history.

Kim Bauer was an accident. Not even the pill can stop Jack Bauer.

Jack Bauer has never caught a cold. How do we know? Colds still exist.

Jack Bauer teaches a course at Harvard entitled: "Time Management: Making the Most Out Of Each Day."

Jack Bauer doesn't speak any foreign languages, but he can make any foreigner speak English in a matter of minutes.

Jack Bauer arrested RoboCop. Think about that.

When Special Forces raided an afghan training camp, they found an empty camp and a pirated copy of 24 Season 4.

When 24 airs on the Spanish channel everyones lines are translated except for Jack's. The reason for this, nobody speaks for Jack Bauer.

Osama bin Laden's recent proposal for truce is a direct result of him finding out that Jack Bauer is, in fact, still alive.

Don't ever ask Jack Bauer what is going on. He'll explain in the car.

Jack needed a well-earned holiday after season 5. Drugged, captured, beaten and tortured in a cargo hold surrounded by Chinese agents eager for revenge is just his preferred method of travel - otherwise he tends to get bored on long trips.

When Google can't find something, it asks Jack Bauer for help.

In the 18 months where Jack Bauer was presumed dead, Tony Almeida was put in a coma, Michelle and David Palmer were killed, a major hurricane raveged the Gulf Coast, and Rob Schneider made another movie. See what happens when Bauer isn't around?

Jack Bauer's favorite color is severe terror alert red. His second favorite color is violet, but just because it sounds like violent.

Harold

#158     Feb 9, 2007
  9. LOS ANGELES - Kiefer Sutherland pleaded no contest Tuesday to a charge of driving with a blood-alcohol level above the legal limit and will serve 30 days in county jail under terms of a plea agreement.

Attorney Blair Berk entered the plea on behalf of Sutherland, who was not present.

As part of the arrangement, Sutherland must also enroll in an 18-month alcohol-education class and attend weekly alcohol-therapy sessions for six months.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071009/ap_en_ce/kiefer_sutherland

Anybody besides me remember Humble Pie?

chicago green, talkin' 'bout Black Lebanese
    A dirty room and a silver coke spoon
    Give me my release, come on
    Black napalese, it's got you weak in your knees
    Just seeds and dust that you got bust on
    You know it's hard to believe

30 days in the hole
    That's what they give you
    I know

Newcastle Brown, I'm tellin' you, it can sure smack you down
    Take a greasy whore and a rollin' dance floor
    It's got your head spinnin' round
    If you live on the road, well there's a new highway code
    You take the urban noise with some dirt and poison
    It's gonna lessen your load

What you doin' boy?
    You here for 30 days
    Get, get, get your long hair cut
    And cut out your ways

Black napalese, it got you weak in your knees
    Just seeds and dust that you got bust on
    You know it's so hard to please
    Newcastle Brown can sure smack you down
    You take a greasy whore and a rollin' dance floor
    You know you're jailhouse-bound

30 days in the hole

#159     Oct 9, 2007
  10. OMG could I tell some stories right now.

when I lived in Aspen we used to say, "100 days in the snow."

#160     Oct 9, 2007