Who Was Roger Hershey?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dbphoenix, Jul 2, 2003.

1. nitro

nitro

Who is that masked man?

nitro

#11     Jul 10, 2003
  2. I may be posting a bit less, but I do try to be responsive to the serious traders out there.

The "soap opera" aspect of ET, although humorous at times, gets to be a bit much to wade through.

I am not a fan of censorship, but there is only so much time during the day.

Anyway, Error404, I'm still here to help if I can.

Don

#12     Jul 10, 2003
  3. Yup Don, you are one of the good guys!!

I don't know why my friend Optional gives you such a hard time. I think he is one of the good guys also.

Maybe everyone needs their personal nemesis. I have Max401. (And his apprentice irritant FPC). Guess it's part of the allure of ET:confused:

Peace,
    :)RS

#13     Jul 10, 2003
  4. You know, it's funny...I still think that Optional is a pretty funny guy, and that he and I would have a lot in common.....but it seems that he has "drawn his line in the sand" with some pre-conceived ideas about me. Perhaps you can help design a "roadmap to peace".....

:p

Don:confused:

#14     Jul 10, 2003
    #15     Jul 10, 2003
  6. Don, people used to tell me that I was a pretty diplomatic guy. It was really my greatest natural aptitude when I owned a bar. In eight years, I managed to prevent virtually every potential barroom brawl by intervening and talking the antagonists into walking away from each other. More times than not, I just was able to buy two guys that were ready to kill each other over nothing a drink (or often times, coffee, which was more appropriate) and they would sit down and get along only minutes after they were ready to fight.

But I guess maybe I have lost my touch in my old age.

Maybe Optional just has too much fun staying on your case. Lord knows I tried to make peace with Max. Invited him for drinks and dinner. Would have introduced him to my family, and gladly shown him my home. But apparently that would have ruined his greatest joy, which is to try and convince anyone who reads his posts that everything I say is a lie.

If you have seen his latest rants, I never owned my home, never had a son, my wife is not what I said she is, (some of which is subjective, and some of which is fact). The car I just bought (excuse me....leased...I need to be VERY literal, or it will bring on another rant) is my "alleged car", and basically, I never existed at all. I am a figment of my own imagination I guess.

So perhaps you and I need a real pro like Henry Kissinger to deal with Optional and Max. We are not qualified to take on the toughest diplomatic challenges. Maybe no one is.

But I empathize with you. Because I believe you are correct in your assumption that you and Optional would probably get along and make each other laugh. He is a very bright and funny guy. And you too seem to have the same characteristics. (Although, Optional would probably make you feel technologically impaired. Just like Max would make me feel. Where are our slide rules?).

Peace,
    :)RS

#16     Jul 10, 2003