Who wants to start a Hedge Fund?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by vanzandt, Sep 20, 2017.

1. R1234

R1234

HF structure still has an advantage over managed accounts in that you can hide your edge from clients and prevent reverse engineering.

#21     Sep 21, 2017
    JKG77, Big AAPL and digitalnomad like this.
  2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

One of the best posts I've read this year.

#22     Sep 21, 2017
    raf_bcn likes this.
  3. Sig

Sig

Something like the original Quantopian contest that allowed teaming would be a pretty cool idea along these same lines. It requires a third party you trust not to share your source code or trades, but if you had that you could take advantage of what sle pointed out that several disparate strategies together can sometimes give you alpha.
    To Zandy's points, maybe make it a relatively low stakes pool where the participants put in a few thousand dollars each. Enough to make it interesting but not meaningful enough to bring out the worst in anyone.

#23     Sep 21, 2017
  4. luisHK

luisHK

Probably true, but a bunch of posters here are apparently already trading for institutions, so with significant amounts, and others have scalable strategies (global macro, position or swing traders on mid caps and bigger obviously, but also a bunch of shorter term traders on liquid futures and FOPs I suspect - I don't quite trade a piker's account yet could scale it up significantly for instance)
    Used to have an office and miss it dearly for a variety of reasons, although partnering up for a fund sounds like it could easily make one miss his days trading from home if it doesn't go well.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    #24     Sep 21, 2017
  5. Overnight

Overnight

I changed my mind, I want in NOW. :)

#25     Sep 21, 2017
    vanzandt likes this.
  6. IamBlaze

IamBlaze

Me: Sure, my email is aliauska500@gmail.com and I want a starting salary of at least 50k$ annum and a minimum 25% share of my profits.

You: Are you joking?

Me: Yeah, but you're the one who started hiring us on trading forums

P.s. come to think of it, it's not that bad of an idea

#26     Sep 21, 2017
  7. I'm interested too...on seeing your shortlist of so-called real and professional and successful traders here at ET, o_O

You can PM me or email the list...I will then accidentally, purposely leak it to create a scandal like Hillary/Trump/Russia/voting,

Make Trading Great Again 2017

No more dissolutions and resolutions...cause, we. will. Break Away,...and take Today. HeeeeY

This trading world is a f'n circus. clowns trying to tame animals. and walk on tight ropes and accomplish other miracles.
    Most will be misled and inevitably fail.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    #27     Sep 21, 2017
  8. Sig

Sig

One wonders why he didn't lead with this part!

#28     Sep 21, 2017
    Overnight likes this.
  9. sss12

sss12

no, trading is not a zero some game. (X some commod markets).

#29     Sep 21, 2017
  10. JackRab

JackRab

Said the loner?

Trading definitely benefits from team spirit, depending on what and how you trade. More minds more knowledge... shared costs = lower cost base... global coverage of strategies = more money...

#30     Sep 21, 2017
    lovethetrade and vanzandt like this.