Who wants to program my Profitable Trading System?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by scalpmaster, Aug 22, 2007.

1. TickJob

TickJob

Hi Scalpmaster,

can you explain this last step "... When it retrace to the average of the original losing side, square off both sides".

what is "average of the original losing side"?

#41     Sep 1, 2007
  2. If it's taking him this long just to outline and explain the strategy, can you imagine how long this will take to design, code, and then test ?
    Could be months....many months.
    Maybe he could outsource this and save some bucks, but then again, perhaps the communication wouldn't be perfect and he'd end up with a losing system due to a slight mis-coding mistake. Then the cost would be enormous.
    Even at a low cost rate of $4k per month, this is looking like at least a $20k outlay.

#42     Sep 1, 2007
  3. The basic framework of this system is just
    averaging/position sizing,nothing else...,

doesn't take more than 3 minutes to get the idea
    but programming it to work real-time might be a different
    ball game...

Any program traders using these tools?:

Can Tradestation easylanguage automate position sizing on 1 acct based on the some conditions on another acct and link them real-time?

Instead of an Excel spreadsheet, can XTRADER from TT or Global Strategy Trader SAS (Strategy Automation Station) from Global futures be used as an automation interface to send stop buy/sell or scaling orders at calculated intervals on 2 accts?

If any of the above resources can be used as described, then
    it could just take as couple of weeks to set up the basic framework before forward testing it.

Besides what I have mentioned, what other user friendly automation tools out there can possibly automate position sizing?

#43     Sep 1, 2007
  4. TickJob

TickJob

I think if using smartquant such program can be done in few hours, and then take few days of real time testing to iron out.

Hi scalpmaster,

will you be kind enough to explain the following.?

#44     Sep 1, 2007
  5. short stock at $10, $20, $30

average of price=(10+20+30)/3 = $20, now stock price at $30
    as in wait for reversion to $20 to breakeven

How smart is this quant software? :D :D

quants = PHDs..permanent head damaged who believes in market predicting models, losing billions of dollars, sounds like
    'cons' as in CONsultants:p

#45     Sep 1, 2007
  6. I still don't get it. Suppose you are spreading YM/ES. So, you are long YM and short the equivalent dollar amount of ES. You can still add/reduce both positions in accordance with your "averaging up" strategy. Now, what prevents you from doing in a single account? What's the need for two accounts?

#46     Sep 1, 2007
  7. TickJob

TickJob

I like this joke:D
    Every thing can be seen from many angles:p
    For testing automatic trading ideas, smartquant is simply execellent:)
    You just need to learn some C# introduction tutorial and then can start to use it.

By the way, when you first enter, do you enter long and short together?

#47     Sep 1, 2007
  8. TickJob

TickJob

there is another version of using 2 accounts.

#48     Sep 1, 2007
  9. ES may not respond according to YM for very short term trading
    and during spikes movement...

How would you pyramid and balance your trades then?

What tools do indices spread traders use besides spread ratio chart for entering a spread and choose which to long or
    short?

#49     Sep 1, 2007
  10. I have been testing this "blessing" EA ver 1.06 on FX trades with MetaTrader4 for the past 4 months...

Is there a version written for IB so that I can test it on indices futures? Most MT4 brokers offers only FX and those that offer indices has high comm. What about a version with smartquant?

Do you know QUANTsultants who can program with smartquant for 2 IB accts? Any www.QUANT or CONsultant.com websites that provide matchmaking between QUANTman and the CONfused who are taken in by a catchy slogan "Hey, it doesn't work but it's so complex...so smart"

#50     Sep 2, 2007