Who wants to live forever?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

This thread is to discuss longevity or even reverse aging. For starters:

Vtechno likes this.
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

The useful advice in the first video is at 14:20, how to extend your life:

1. Avoid DNA damage (x-rays, sun damage)
    2. Eat less, specially protein.
    3. Do HIIT.
    4. Be (uncomfortable) cold.
    5. Be (uncomfortably) hot.

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I saw Joe Rogan interview him a while back. If I'm not mistaken, he was the guy who introduced Resveratrol and Metformin for anti-aging purposes.

KCalhoun likes this.
  4. destriero

destriero

Yeah, Sinclair. He is a huckster, though. He introduced that TA-65 astragalus as well. They can't give the shit away.

5. Vtechno

Vtechno

Correct he's a proponent for both. David Sinclair was on Joe Rogan's podcast again in mid June but there wasn't much new information. He shared more information when he was on Lex Friedman's podcast. Dr. Rhonda Patrick is another person to watch and go down that rabbit hole as she shares more sources.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  6. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Spend less time on forums, lol /jk

Best thing for health I've found is JUICING vegetables, though it tastes terrible.

Wheat grass, ginger root, kale, beets, dandelion leaves, onions etc with apple/carrot.

Truly tastes like sht but gives amazing energy.

7. Vtechno

Vtechno

Juicing was a fad and has been proven that you need the fiber from the vegetable/fruit. The energy you are feeling is from the natural sugars.

Caveat, if it makes you feel good with no ill effects then continue doing it, but understand eating the whole veggie/fruit is probably more beneficial.

Frederick Foresight and KCalhoun like this.
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

The best thing for health is the genetics you're born with.
    1000%
    Period, case closed.

TrailerParkTed and KCalhoun like this.
  9. Vtechno

Vtechno

/Thread?

hell no!! Let's live forever. Compound that interest.

Science is on the side of increasing lifespans. Familial hypercholesterolaemia(genetic high cholesterol) has been almost cured by statins. It's exciting to think about the kind of genetic issues will be solved by Crispr dna tech.

10. Pekelo

Pekelo

First, I wouldn't want to live forever. That is why I chose the title from the movie Highlander, soundtrack by Queen. Imagine when all your grandkids are dead (of old age) and you have no connection to the people because they are like 5 generations removed from you.

Second, there is a work around. Using your normal lifespan BETTER, instead of extending it can be a solution. Retiring in your 40s or 50s, not chasing money until you are in your 60s or 70s and too old for lots of things.

Dr. Sinclair talks about the healthy life extension, meaning the enjoyable time period. That can be done even today, just check out my other thread titled Life after 50.

So early retirement + better use of your time + healthier old age = living practically longer!!!

#10     Jul 8, 2021