Who wants to go to Mars? Colony to be established by 2023!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 5, 2012.

Would you take a one way trip to Mars?

1. Hell yes!

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Hell no!

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. 11 years from now? That's a stretch, even for a one way trip. The one way trip would be a deal killer for me. Reminds me of joining the Marine Corps during a war. Seemed like a good idea all the way until I got there. Not so much after that.:eek:

#11     Jun 5, 2012
  2. People will work their entire lives to leave a legacy yet so many years after they die, they are forgotten no matter how big a company they built. You think anyone will know who Mark zuckerberg was in 100 years? Do you think anyone will know who bill gates was in 500 years? But if you are the first man to walk on another planet, your name will be remembered for all time. 100,000 years ago, when earth children are learning about the past, they will read about <insert your name here> who was the first man to walk on another planet. They will see a picture of you in their text book (or whatever they use in the year 102,012). I mean, thats really something.

Like the other guy said...you are going to die someday anyway, and at least on mars there is no chance you are going to get hit by a car, or shot by some thug who wants your money.

Best part though is you never have to pay taxes again! Also, if you are the first one there, you are basically the King of the world...literally! All the land is yours! The whole freakin' planet! Who on earth could ever say that?

#12     Jun 5, 2012
  3. If you want to go to Mars, go for the experience, not the legacy.
    It's fraught with great risk, but is the first step to colonization of
    another planet.

If it has any success, then further missions will follow, and a terraforming effort will probably be underway within 200 years to render Mars a habitable planet.

Imagine the high jump records one could set there in reduced gravity.

I would go were my other 3 astronauts women. I'd be 60 in 2021
    and there is no way I'm going into my sunset years sans poontang, which would be like being married again.

#13     Jun 5, 2012
  4. pspr

pspr

What do the women look like on Mars?

#14     Jun 5, 2012
  5. Can't you go for both? :)

#15     Jun 5, 2012
  6. Apparently something like this. The guy in the pic is her boyfriend Marvin. He's a pretty dangerous guy, so dont hit on his girl.

[​IMG]

#16     Jun 5, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

OK, thanks. I think I'll stay here.

#17     Jun 6, 2012
  8. Its because she's black isnt it? You racist. :p

#18     Jun 6, 2012