Who wants to fall for this nigerian scam?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bluud, Jul 24, 2007.

1. bluud

bluud

this is the private message I got on my ET account:

COTE D IVOIRE,

WEST AFRICA.

Dear one,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into long time relatioship and financial transaction for our mutual benefits.

I am JOYCE OMALA and I inheritated an important sum from my late father who died in recent crisis in Cote d'Ivoire. I wish to request for your assistance in investing this sum in lucrative venture or manufacturing and real estate management in your country.

I have One million, five hundred thousand United State Dollars. USD($1.500,000)to invest in this transaction and I will require your assistance in receiving the fund in your account in your country. I will gladly give you some reasonable percent from the total sum for your assistance. Please it is important you contact me immediately for more clearification on the next step for smooth conclusion.

Awaiting your immediate response and God bless you.

Thanks for your understanding

Yours Sincerely,

JOYCE OMALA.

PLEASE REPLY TO: omjoyy@yahoo.com

omjoy

2. gnome

gnome

Sounds HOT!

3. djxput

djxput

Do you know they have internet cafes full of these people trying to scam people. Its their job.

Government doesnt care either ...

We should hire people to knock their internet down so they cant do this :)

oh and they have rap songs about taking money from the dumb white people ...

4. tyler19

tyler19

I work at a bank, and you wouldn't believe how many people fall for these scams.

5. You should see the indentity scam segment on CNN. There are a some Nigerian immigrants, not all by any means, in Houston that are professional idenitity thieves. They caught 1 guy with $2.5 mil US in a safe in his house! They just troll for credit card apps. in apartment buildings, breaking into mail boxes and such. They caught some of them after they had already been deported twice because it's easy to get bogus passports in Nigeria.

6. Paul5320

Paul5320

How do they know that 100% of these emails are coming from Nigerians and or Nigeria? I find that hard to believe. It's just giving Nigerians a bad name.

7. ever get those hand written letters? too funny. i had one jackass approaching people in the parking lot with a letter explaining why he needed $100-1000

8. The other day Dateline NBC had a show on this. They exposed a few scammers.

9. neke

neke

I think they would go out of business if more people watched segments like that on CNN or on the web. Unfortunately most Americans place less emphasis on being informed, and watch only American Idol and Deal or No Deal

#10     Jul 24, 2007