Who wants to be long on Memorial weekend?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hajimow, May 26, 2011.

1. Sure, I'll open a thread to do it the moment you agree to it as well. None of this random BS where you move stops after they've been hit. We both know you do not trade.

We both post our weekly performance stats from our respective brokers (mine is IB). I am ready to go... how long will it take you to open a Global Futures account with $500?

#21     May 27, 2011
  2. hajimow

hajimow

We I was expecting the market to give up some of its gains at close which did not. So as you said was not interesting or it was not as I predicted that would double confirm my today's prediction but I still believe today market should be down. Now it pre-open it is slightly up.

#22     May 27, 2011
  3. hajimow

hajimow

Exactly. Don't do a billion dollar trade based on my prediction:D

I am a swing trader and I use my predictions to see when to get into the market and when to get out (when to close my shorts and go long or vice versa). I trade options 95% of the time.

#23     May 27, 2011
  4. Locutus

Locutus

Massive equity mutual fund and ETF outflows (has been going on for three weeks), no significant drops in price (pretty close to 52-wk high on a lot of shares and indices actually), negative option sentiment, non-bullish to negative II, AAII and NAAIM survey sentiment and several panic dips a day on horrible (lol?), news on Greece and bad macros and turn on the telly and it would seem everybody is pretty gloomy again.

I don't know, but what more do you really want for a long swing trade?

Not to mention http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=BFCIUS:IND

#24     May 27, 2011
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

So far your prediction sucked whale ass, but who knows? There are still 5 hours left to drop that 8 pts ES gain today...

#25     May 27, 2011
  6. How is your down Friday prediction going? :cool:

#26     May 27, 2011
  7. hajimow

hajimow

So far it seems that I will be DEAD WRONG. I had 11 naked PUT SPY 131 and 10 naked PUT SPY 132 which will expire worthless today and I will collect the premiums (about $1000). I predicted that market will dop and I can sell more naked PUTs for next week but now the premuims are low and I have to wait. I have not lost anything because my prediction was wrong. So far because my prediction is wrong, I cannot/will not open a new position for next week. I have to wait for a drop.

#27     May 27, 2011
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Market will continue to trade higher, the opportunity for lower equity prices came earlier this week but again the markets broke out and moved higher, every time the spx looks like its going to break 1300 it jumps back up, I predicted earlier this week that 1340 was in the cards and now its only 8 points away from that prediction!!!!

Aside from that talk of QE3 is now the rumor, QE1 FAIL QE2 FAIL, now QE3 which will just be another failure will only prop up equities and commodities causing higher inflation and more asset bubble, thats what BUBBLE ben bernanke is doing, he knows the only way to grow the GDP is through the creation of asset bubbles and he is doing a fine, fine, fine job of doing so, dont let him fool you, before you know QE3 will be here with $125 oil, skyrocketing food prices and SPX 1500+++++ So keep staying long and enjoy all the risk free money you can get, dont worry about Greece either, thats just another joke to throw everyone off guard.

#28     May 27, 2011
  9. jokepie

jokepie

Final Phase of bull run will bigin shortly through the summer and we would see 07 hights and bust a cap in that BiT** to a parabolic move higher.
    Reasons you might ask ?? Suckers money is still on the sideline they are still not interested and there will be a whole lot available soon after banks start to lend in the near future when fed starts to pull upp their pants. Offcourse that will cause reactionary situation but guess what it won't last long.
    IPO jumps are a historical sign of the Final countdown.

Tada..!!!
    Massive prediction m8. ;) eh..

#29     May 27, 2011
  10. My homework says I have a 68% chance of being in the green if I stay long through 6/3/11.Not gonna fight those odds.

#30     May 27, 2011