Who wants to be long on Memorial weekend?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hajimow, May 26, 2011.

1. Then there is the opposing point of view. Who wants to be short over Memorial Day weekend?:D

#11     May 26, 2011
  2. trendo

trendo

Then there is the middle ground -- who wants to be flat over the Memorial Day weekend?

#12     May 26, 2011
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

...most runup to a long weekend is bullish... :)

#13     May 26, 2011
  4. Well, today's close wasn't interesting at all, or at least no more interesting than any other close, so I'm not sure what that implies for the rest of your predictions.

This sort of "Hey, here's what I think is going to happen tomorrow" is a sucker's game. Just wait for the market action to tell you what to think, rather than try to impose your opinion on the market.

#14     May 26, 2011
  5. ER9

ER9

me....long HS. target $47.85

#15     May 26, 2011
  6. Strong logic, man.

He's just making small talk. Theres nothing wrong with discussing what may or may not happen...

#16     May 26, 2011
  7. I get that, but the thing is that it ends up biasing you as a trader and that is the kiss of death, unless that bias is formed due to actual market action, not an opinion about what market action will be.

I assume the OP is a shorter term trader because he mentioned a very short-term time frame of the 3-day weekend. Well, if you don't think that just about anything, bullish or bearish, can happen over a short period, you haven't been watching markets very long. In that context, why bother having a strong opinion either way?

#17     May 26, 2011
  8. 1335 tomorrow. What a great thread.

#18     May 26, 2011
  9. volente_00

volente_00

Are you going to post performance or just keep blowing smoke ?

#19     May 26, 2011
  10. I sure wouldn't want to be short oil over the weekend - nothing good can come of that IMO.

#20     May 27, 2011