Who wants to be a Billionaire?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by acrary, Jan 22, 2004.

1. here's the blunt version..

don't take breakouts after 11:30..because the profit potential is diminished..

#61     Jan 25, 2004

2. Exactly fade it .............:cool:

#62     Jan 25, 2004
  3. mind

mind

you are right, i still do not get that. from my understanding fading the 11:30 value if it is the high or the low assumes that there is additional information than the mere 11:30 - 90% stat. my point is that on 11:30 even if i am at the high it could still be the low of the day that holds, meaning trading on breakout from that high is exactly as justified by the 11:30-90% stat as fading it. this is fine for, it is just not a pure result from the initial statement but adds: "if you are at the high or the low of the session on 11:30, this is most likely the high or the low of the day". but this is a quit different stat and contrast to the initial immediately tradeable.

#63     Jan 26, 2004
  4. mind

mind

i don't do anything in TS, so i skipped the code. i think i already see the point that 11:30-90% was just the starting point for further thinking/testing. thanks for your kind offer.

#64     Jan 26, 2004
  5. mind

mind

fine for me. reminds of aspects you mentioned in another thread.

#65     Jan 26, 2004
  6. mind

mind

would be my first try as well. funny, i saw a presentation where a trader concluded the exact opposite out of the same figure. this is what i mean by saying that the stat per se does not tell anything.

#66     Jan 26, 2004
  7. Diode

Diode

Logarithms.

#67     Jan 26, 2004