Who wants to be a Billionaire?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by acrary, Jan 22, 2004.

1. abogdan

abogdan

Apply the system to daily QQQ or KLAC you'll see.

#51     Jan 25, 2004
  2. Ditch

Ditch

What system and see what?

#52     Jan 25, 2004
  3. abagdon thanks so much for your advise !!!

Thats pretty amazing with real $$$

Thats what I was thinking too QQQ's or SPY just to start.

B/A ????

Please expand thanks......

#53     Jan 25, 2004
  4. abogdan

abogdan

Bid/Ask Prices + Bid/Ask Sizes. We use Integrals of sizes to better filter prices.

#54     Jan 25, 2004
  5. abogdan

abogdan

I'm sorry, Ditch: I clicked on your quote by mistake. Apologize. Disregard my response.
    Cheers,

#55     Jan 25, 2004
  6. mind

mind

i do not get that. i cannot believe that your result really corresponds to the 2 hours 90% analysis. at 11:30 you still do not know which one you've seen, the high or the low. the statistic does not at all contain that information. if your strategy works there must be a different effect like "the range of volatile stocks is (lets say) 3%", thus we treade on reversal once we have seen that early in the day. there is some intuitive link to the initial stat, but that is it IMHO. please correct me where i am wrong.

#56     Jan 25, 2004
  7. mind

mind

abogdan
    btw do you keep the book market neutral by trading a future against?

#57     Jan 25, 2004
  8. I think the part your missing might be, that you should stay flat unless you are at or close to a High of the Day or a Low of the day up to 11:30.

If you where somewhere in between then the trade would not be placed.

Just a thought

#58     Jan 25, 2004
  9. abogdan

abogdan

Hi there: I think there is a misunderstanding on your part. If you look at how TradeStation executes the code you'll notice that the orders are not placed if there is no condition. So, the algorithm does not care what comes first High or Low of the day. Also, if you look carefully, there are no exits on the same bar other than Close. It should explain it.
    If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer.

#59     Jan 25, 2004
  10. abogdan

abogdan

Also I think you are missing the fact that the orders are placed at the high price of today for tomorrow's execution. (The same thing is for Low). Read it "Buy NEXT BAR at High (meaning today's high) Limit.

#60     Jan 25, 2004