Who wants to be a Billionaire?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by acrary, Jan 22, 2004.

1. kbehr

kbehr

acrary
    could you share the specific parameters for the two MA's? I am new and would appreciate the information.
    Thanks
    Ken

#41     Jan 24, 2004
  2. yes historical not ... <font color=BLUE>futu<font color=RED>RISK</FONT>al</FONT> :D
    I remind that the turtle fund sunked not so long ago ... a bit like LTCM. And since it is result in high scale it is tighly linked with the bull's market of this century, since it is a phenomena that occurs only once maybe in 50 or 100 years it's a dice play for those who comes too late in the game ...

BTW about MAs one of my past thread :
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=260515&highlight=simulation#post260515
    "Simulation is an important concept. By injecting the expected results into the (MA) "models" allow to control its validity and avoid taking position against the trend."

#42     Jan 24, 2004
  3. rgelite

rgelite

Ah, okay. We're on the same page now and I agree with you. The Turtles did a breakout on a single MA. And there are other good systems in which a MA crossover (or other trend signaling method) on a smaller timeframe is used to trigger entry in the same direction as a larger timeframe's trend. You're right, my comments were more general. :)

#43     Jan 24, 2004
  4. abogdan

abogdan

Inputs: Length(40);
    Vars: Top(0), Bottom(0), Middle(0);

Top = LinearRegValue( H, Length, 0 );
    Bottom = LinearRegValue( L, Length, 0 );
    Middle = LinearRegValue( ((C+L+H)/3), Length, 0 );

If c >= Top Then Begin
    SellShort Next bar H Limit;
    End;

If c <= Bottom Then Begin
    Buy Next Bar at L Limit;
    End;

If MarketPosition = 1 And (C >= Middle or Close > AvgEntryPrice) Then Begin
    Sell This bar on Close;
    End;

If MarketPosition = -1 And (C <= Middle or Close < AvgEntryPrice) Then Begin
    BuyToCover This bar on Close;
    End;

If MarketPosition = 1 Then Begin
    Sell Next Bar at (AvgEntryPrice + 0.01) Limit;
    End;

If MarketPosition = -1 Then Begin
    BuyToCover Next Bar at (AvgEntryPrice - 0.01) Limit;
    End;

#44     Jan 25, 2004
  5. Thank you ...

#45     Jan 25, 2004
  6. Great strategy if true?

At 11:30 on days the market is at or close to the Highs SELL with a stop just above the HOD.

At 11:30 on days the market is at or close to the Lows BUY with a stop just below the LOD.

90% success rate right ?

#46     Jan 25, 2004
  7. abogdan

abogdan

I've been running this system for 8 months real money on one of our test accounts. We use 10 stock portfolio, we spread capital evenly between them, then we enter initially in each stock with only 10% of capital allowing 10 time pyramiding. We averaged around 83.4% accuracy.

P.S. Be careful with stocks you choose! They have to be at least 2.5 beta!

#47     Jan 25, 2004
  8. ig0r

ig0r

Seems like the start of a good strategy ;) There are very many people trading like this

#48     Jan 25, 2004
  9. Ditch

Ditch

You're overlooking one thing: the high or low is in with 90% probability. Key is to find which one will hold, the high or the low.

#49     Jan 25, 2004
  10. abogdan

abogdan

I know. I always present the bare bones ideas leaving the room for you guys to experiment. In real life we always use something more tuned (we use B/A analysis to refine the system).
    Have Fun!

#50     Jan 25, 2004