Who uses Metastock?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gregory115, Jul 4, 2012.

1. You made a lot of noise of something that was discussed in private. I am sure that the Amibroker developer does not need your defense. You have been asked to provide the code of your backtest so everyone else in here can verify it. You have
    not done so. No verification, no value. Until you provide the code of an otherwise losing system of no edge as you said, everything else you say is irreleveant. Like Metastock that had a backtester problem in the past that was then fixed, it may have been the case that also Amibroker had a small problem that was also fixed. Nothing to scream, attack people, insult like you did like a psychomaniac and even accusing other people I do not ecen know of being sockpuppets. Shame on you.

Until you post the two or three line code you used for your results like they do in all serious forums, nothing that you posted carries any significance. Nothing. If you post the code and it verifies, then you will be praised, including me. I will do it first because I am not a psycho like you. So post the code. Failure of doing so means something is fishy.

#41     Jul 10, 2012
  2. funnyguy

funnyguy

I've KINDLY asked you FIRST to explain by an example what was meant by "having small issues" since I was interested as a user so I would be prepared or could contact support to maybe fix such an issue if it should be one.

You strangely replied with no. That makes absolutely no sense at all!

Then you said do a test with entry at bar close and exit at next bar's open. I did that and it was correct and in accordance to your description since you did not mention buy every bar and exit right after entry bar. You said it was a mess and not correct. This is again absolute BS.

Until now it's not even entirely clear what issue you were even talking about. It's absolutely ridiculous to not describe in detail the "problem" you're talking about.

I'm not a psycho just because I'm getting annoyed by such nonsense behaviour. "Oh I won't tell you about the secret possible issue because I like to play games." So if you wanna play games then I'm gonna play games too.

#42     Jul 10, 2012
  3. funnyguy

funnyguy

What is your difficulty to code a system that buys at every bar and exits at next bar open? In all seriousness.

Buy at every new bar is Buy = 1; right or not

BuyPrice = Close;

And then you wanna exit after n-bars. What function is there to do so? And in that case Sell condition has to be what ...?

Sellprice = 0pen;

#43     Jul 10, 2012
  4. funnyguy

funnyguy

two of other possibilities that provide same backtest results

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So how does your code look like?

Also tell what issue you are talking about and I will test on older version

#44     Jul 10, 2012
  5. funnyguy

funnyguy

On a side note and related to Yahoo. It seems that Yahoo's Open price for Microsoft has changed overnight. Yesterday when I did the test it was at 30.18 today it is at 30.12.

#45     Jul 10, 2012
  6. I copied your code exactly and used it with Amibroker 5.40. This is what I got:

[​IMG]

I still won't release results of what happens when I remove the first two option statements. It would be too embarashing for you.

So you got a lot of explaining to do. We are waiting for your explanations. Do not hide.

Edit: Learn how to insert code with tags so everyone can use it. First time I see someone posting code as a screenshot. I expected that from you imbecile.

#46     Jul 11, 2012
  7. funnyguy

funnyguy

Seriously what a pathetic guy are you? This is not even funny anymore. I'm posting working codes and you are calling me imbecile??That's an absolute impudence. In the last few posts I have talked to you in quite good atmosphere although you still were accusing me. I have again provided information to you despite of it. The one you were demanding. You don't seem to realize what a fool you are making out of yourself even more right now.

You are whining about being hostile and on the other side are still using name calling? I post code and you are too lazy to write that up since I need to do that myself too?

What a lazy person are you?

As for your message box .. well, that's simple I'm using the most recent version as I have already mentioned to you. But it's unbelievable that you are not even able to read carefully. The most recent version is 5.50. If you would use that one then you would witness no message box.

Also since the usage of those two options together was not available in previous versions I have also included a second alternative code. The second code is without that setoption("holdminbar", 1); setting.

I guess you are able to read? I've clearly written that both provide same backtest results.

So I guess you have not used that one. Let me guess ... because out of laziness so others should do that for you, right?

And FYI I know how to insert code with tags. But why should I support such laziness?

#47     Jul 11, 2012
  8. funnyguy

funnyguy

The first code I've posted is working with all versions I have tested from version 4.8 to 5.5 (except for setoption function to set "GenerateReport" to true or false via AFL in earlier versions like in 4.8 but that one can be set in preferences-report setting of backtester in every version). So please keep your laughable remarks below radar level.

#48     Jul 11, 2012
  9. First of all you never said imbecile that the second code is for the last version only. I don't care about the last version. I talked about a problem I faced long ago. Second, check the first code because it has deceived you.. Some entries are right but some are not. You tried to force the backtester by applying a stop function but it does not produce the correct resutls for the exits as many of them are not at the open of next bar but at some arbitrary level.

Do not jump like a monkey up and down. This is a trading forum, not a zoo. You are dealing with someone who can nail you imbecile. As I said in the PM very politely to you, I did this a long time ago. You must have some vested interest to be jumping like this. You started inslulting and attacking. Everything is on record.

Your first code does not work well in version 5.40.

Example: On 03/22/2012 Entry on close: 32 - correct

Exit should be on open of 03/23/2012 at 32.10

Instead it exits at 31.98

You trying to emulate a simple system with complicated code is laughable to anyone who has coded systems and shows your panic mode.

Try again. Please no results form latest version when this was probably fixed. I was talking about a while ago. I made that clear.

Do not hide.

#49     Jul 11, 2012
  10. funnyguy

funnyguy

So Tim, what about you? Since Bill seems to be not able to write down a code (for whatever personal reasons) that works in all versions. Why don't you help him out and verify MSFT results as you mentioned. Test range 01/01/2002 - 07/09/2012 Yahoo EOD data.

If you are using a much older version also then use the first code that did not include the possibility to use those two setoptions yet.

He is calling me imbecile for providing codes he was demanding. So now it's getting really personal.

This is the new summation on the status bar since MSFT's open price of July 9th on Yahoo server has changed from 30.18 to 30.12
    [​IMG]

#50     Jul 11, 2012