Who uses Metastock?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gregory115, Jul 4, 2012.

1. funnyguy

funnyguy

I did what you wrote in your PN, funnybill. Are you imbecile or what?

Remember again

That's what I did in the sample system. And AB did it right.

"Exit at next open" can mean anything. "Exit at next open" doesn't explicitly mean "Exit at next bar's open after previous bar's close that was entry" but it can. You also did not mention to buy at close of each bar. If that's what you are after then do write it that way, funnybot. What a nut.

#11     Jul 7, 2012
  2. funnyguy

funnyguy

Is this http://is.gd/Q2iNoY what you were looking for? If so I'm asking again ... what is wrong?? And if it's right then I'm asking ... why did it take you so long doing it wrong? And if I'm an expert as per your quote what are you then? My bootblack ... maybe?

#12     Jul 7, 2012
  3. funnyguy

funnyguy

BTW, triangle is buy signal, arrow is sell signal, green circle is buy entry, orange circle is sell exit.

#13     Jul 7, 2012
  4. funnyguy

funnyguy

And before you gonna ask why there is contracts as header here there is shares as header. lol

[​IMG]

#14     Jul 7, 2012
  5. funnyguy

funnyguy

As for Metastock ... it's old-fashioned, limited and much too expensive in regards to it's capabilities. If it would cost 100 bucks it would get a slight recommendation but not for that price. That's ridiculous. Metastock's days are gone.

#15     Jul 7, 2012
  6. funnyguy

funnyguy

Why is it so quiet all the sudden here? I can only hear birds singing in the sky. Anyone seen my friend Billy boy? Does he have hard time again .... this time finding the right keys on his keyboard ... maybe? Or does he have hard time to get his deeply hidden head out of the collapsed sandcastle. lol I guess, the silence wanna tell me I got it right.

Billy, five small lines of code and you have a hard time figuring it out. And I'm having a hard-on reading that. That's hilarious. Five! Small! Easy!

Pwned

Tell you what .. next time better solve your coding inabilities instead of talking BS and making a fool out of yourself who doesn't know what he's talking about. Try to be smart. Otherwise you are only hurting yourself. Badly... Friendly advice.

#16     Jul 8, 2012
  7. This was nothing to get so excited about unless you have vested interest. Otherwise, you ought to see a doctor soon.

Tell me something loony, when you open a position at the close of a day and you exit at the next open, how many bars is the position open for? 0, 1 or 2?

Certainly not for 2 bars as your backtest indicates. Although this system never stays invested duing market hours because that is the objective, your backtest indicates that for every trade the system is in the market 2 bars. For every 10 bars the system is in the market 20 bars according to your results.

Do you count the opening of position at a close as a barssinceentry = 1 you loony? Let everyone laugh at you and your dismal abilities.

Go fix that loony and then come back to get some more heat you deserve. Next time show the lower portion of the backtest with the performance parameters. I am suspicious that at some point your backtest blows up.

#17     Jul 8, 2012
  8. funnyguy

funnyguy

What are you talking about? Number of involved bars is two. You are in at one bar and out at another bar. If you are nitpicking now that you've lost then do it with your smudgy shoes, Hillybilly.

#18     Jul 8, 2012
  9. funnyguy

funnyguy

Performance parameter blown up? Is that Chinese that you are talking?

[​IMG]

#19     Jul 8, 2012
  10. I am glad you have nothing better to do and you are standing by for this.

Now show the last trades to 07/06/2012. Are you afraid of that? Why do you only have a few trades in your report. If you do not know how to do it, set the number of shares to 1. use:

SetPositionSize( 1,spsShares );

FYI, I am not nitpicking you loony. The system is not invested for 2 bars. This is a flaw. I can suspect why you get that.

By the way loony, what version of Amibroker are you running? Are you willing to provide the code so everyone else here can check that it works and you have not simply re-arranged the data to get what you get? I hope you won't have any problems with that.

#20     Jul 8, 2012