WHO uses indicators?..do you tweek them?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by cashmoney69, May 30, 2008.

1. 1. Who uses indicators?....if you DONT, then please dont post

because i only would like to hear from those that do.

--

2. Do you tweek them to give you more/ less signals or are you happy with the default settings?
    ----------

I just discovered 30 mins ago the major difference tweeking an

indicator can be. I thought if I wanted to smooth out the

indicator, I just needed to see it on a longer time frame...ha.

Here are two charts, on the same time frame using the same

indicator..except the 2nd one is modified just a bit, and what a

difference it makes!

chart 1: stochs 3 period %k @ 3 and %d @ 3 ..very choppy

chart 2: stochs 100 period %k @ 5 and %d @ 5 ...very smooth

2. .

3. i tweek all my indicators.

4. what do you use?

5. its all about knowing price action. speed things up and its more volatile. slow things down and it smooths it out.

depends on timeframe and trading style really.

6. Looking at the second chart it appears you got your indicator to look exactly like the candle chart. However looking at the far right side of the chart what does the indicator tell you that the candle chart doesn't?

7. I use 1) a standard indicator that every trader on planet earth knows, 2) a very simple made-up indicator coupled with a combination of soft skills such as support/resistance, fundamentals, SPY analysis for position entry, (very simple) sector analysis, etc.

But my first cut comes from 1 and 2 and I've been doing very well in these down and sideways markets of late.

Imo there's no substitute for hours and hours of backtesting and a lot of trading using your system learning what works and doesn't (if you haven't done that already of course).

You can probably learn to make almost anything work if you can see the patterns in all the chaos...

8. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

your personal data is showing!

9. Mr. Nathan Winslow, nice to meet you. now i can stalk you and steal your 234$ account.

10. limau2

limau2

tq mr winslow..interesting finding.but need to be tested

stoch is reliable ind. i'll tweakk my stoch like you...

dont worry with your account..still password protected.& you can shift your money to other account...

your info is worth more than ur account, in future hope your other account reaching to million :D

#10     May 30, 2008