Who uses a Schedule C for their Trading?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by midlifeguy, Jun 25, 2006.

1. ak15

ak15

#11     Jun 26, 2006
  2. Bsulli

Bsulli

The IRS has already cover the subject of trader, day trader, trader in securities and investor in specifics as to what and what not can be done.

I understand where midlifeguy is coming from as a cpa and the vastness of irs reg's. That is why there are cpa's that specicalize in the area of trading.

This covers it.

http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq-kw44.html

#12     Jun 26, 2006
  3. Thanks.
    I would rather come across as honest and doing the right thing than some cocky SOB that thinks they know it all. Like I said 50 places, 50 answers. Anyone that tells you they know it all is someone to avoid. I have been doing taxes a long time. All I tell my clients is that I do the best based on the info I have and the software I have.
    thanks for your support!!!

TIM

#13     Jun 26, 2006
  4. i just used my schd d(d-1)

don't be afrraid of taxes - it's the cost of doing business, if trading is your business.

if you don't like taxes, become a better trader.

don't try funny stuff with taxes - it will only cause more headaches then it's worth. uncle sam is nice enough to provide a free-market, military, and decent social services for us and our neighbors. pay him his due.

-kk

#14     Jun 27, 2006
  5. Krazykari
    Right on man.....

I only believe that certain people can qualify for Schedule C status.

#15     Jun 27, 2006
  6. You must really suck if your trying to get business by posting on ET.

#16     Jun 29, 2006
  7. What makes someone be so unfriendly? Honestly.
    I feel sorry for you. Hope you find a way to be happier.

#17     Jun 29, 2006
  8. What is schedule C???

#18     Jul 1, 2006
  9. here's an unfortunate question, is it possible to pay more in taxes than actual net profit generated on equity trades? i added stocks to my trading this year, haven't elected MTM so far, and a few months into it am seeing that realized short term loss is consistently a pretty high % of realized short term gain, a relationship i need to improve at the strategy level

could the taxes actually exceed the profts in this scenario in spite of otherwise decent looking gains?

if i were to assume all realized short term losses were wash sales, at what % of realized short term gains do the taxes negate a profit?

#19     Jul 1, 2006
  10. Impossible.

Good luck.

#20     Jul 3, 2006