Who trades the RUT?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by insaneinvestor, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Anyone? From what I see it looks like we are ready for a turn around.

Does anyone agree or am I just insane ;)

(I am waiting on an 800-810-820 Aug fly)
    It was a bumpy ride today alone but I still have faith.

Comments (of any kind) appreciated :)

2. I do RUT and from what I look at its not looking like its ready to move up yet. There is still alot of downside momentum in the short term. At least thats what it looks like to me right now but as always that could change overnight.

3. S2007S

S2007S

I trade the ETFs.

IWM, UWM and TWM.

4. S2007S

S2007S

Russel in the last 3-4 weeks has been down a lot more than most indexes. It really held itself together today.

5. Miragers & S2007S:

That is kinda why I entered today. My "TA" (yet to be proven) shows a good potential for an upturn. However, I lost just about all my cash in about 1 second, then got it back, then lost it... I'm not gonna watch it so close.

Nother question: the bid/ask on the options was about 50- 170. I thought that was a lot! I bid 110 and got an immediate fill. Should have gone at the 50 mark. Anyway, question is why such a big spread. Is that normal?

6. How are these compared to RUT? Do they move fast?

I am young and aggressive but I don't have much to play so the RUT seemed like a cool thing to mess with.

7. rdm239

rdm239

if the rut double (or triple) bottoms here at 770 then I think we see a nice move back up to 800-825 area before the next move comes. If it goes through I think we'll see 750 very quickly. I look at Fibanoccis and thats what they are telling me.

8. To me today's action in the RUT wasn't as bad as it might seem to your normal CNBC listener. Not buying yet tho.

IMHO. :cool:

9. <i>"I am young and aggressive but I don't have much to play so the RUT seemed like a cool thing to mess with."</i>

A young, aggressive trader playing with cool symbols they don't completely understand up, down and sideways are soon parted with what little they have to "mess with".

10. I have been messing for 2.5 years now, so I don't part as much as I used to. But I appreciate the adage.

But, that is why I post also, to learn from the pros

I don't believe in Fib #s though.

#10     Jul 31, 2007