Who trades grains overnight?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by zz, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Sorry I am watching the July Contract on my screen. Up 6 3/4 thus far....

#11     Apr 18, 2007
  2. Neodude

Neodude

Hmm, I guess I should switch over too, are the options expiring this Friday on the May contract?

-Neo

#12     Apr 18, 2007
  3. CAnt speak on the options... CBOT.com is up all nite. LOL

now wheat is clowning tonight. up 14 points at one point...

of course this porbably why.....

from agweb.com

Farmers and others continue to try and get a bead on just how severe the damage has been to winter wheat from the Easter freeze. Some reports note that while farmers fear damage is severe, they still don't fully know the extent. And others are said to be reluctant to start tearing up fields just yet.

#13     Apr 18, 2007
  4. Do you guys know any good sites that have ag news real time, or close to real time?

Thanks

#14     Apr 18, 2007
  5. Agweb.com

#15     Apr 18, 2007
  6. Not so much real-time on Agweb but lots of info. I like to listen to Mark Gold's closing comments. Just another opinion of course among many.

#16     Apr 18, 2007
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I find ag overnight session interesting for one thing : it doesn't move much.

So I have a system on ags based on daily bars and enter limit in the overnight session, trying to save the B/A spread and making extra profits from it. It works til now but the improvement is not so important cause spreads are not that wide and you don't often pick up straight tops and bottoms.

But aren't you all sleeping at that time? I do it cause i'm in Europe but I would never do that if I were in the US.

#17     Apr 19, 2007
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Update :

I was saying that spreads were not that wild. In fact, my model has entered long BOK07 at my calculation time this morning. I wanted to enter this morning limit for saving B/A spread.

Around 4:45am, some random guy took all the asks available. After that, I was bidding 31.24 whereas the guy was still hitting asks at 31.69 = 45 ticks spread.

I lost 13 ticks against my model. I think my model has been better than me to date. Shitty stuff.

Whenever I try to improve my models discretionnarily, it doesn't work.

#18     Apr 19, 2007
  9. Clearing members, traders and trade checkers are advised to make adequate provisions for the Friday afternoon Corn, Oat, Rice, Soybean, Soybean Meal, Soybean Oil, Soybean Crush and Wheat Futures Options trade checking session.

The Floor Conduct Committee is authorized to impose fines up to $1,000 for failure to make adequate provisions for trade checking.

Applicable times for option expiration are as follows:

FRIDAY, April 20, 2007

10:30 a.m. - Options Only Out Trade Report (BXTC730AP) reflects out trades for expiring options only and will be sent to firms at each intra-day out trade pass.

1:15 p.m. - TRADING IN THE EXPIRING OPTION HALTS.

3:30 p.m. - The following reports will be made available via TCP/IP or INFOPAC.

#19     Apr 19, 2007
  10. #20     Apr 19, 2007