Who trades futures spreads here?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by crgarcia, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Be it index, commodity or currency futures.

I want to share some experiences about spread trading.

2. xty

xty

Hi ...... I recently started trading the spreads on crude .

I have made some nice returns on it and also modified it a bit to cope with the scary moves lately.

I would like to learn more and share what i know

3. XBOT

XBOT

I watch the nat gas seasonal spreads.

4. xty

xty

I watch the wti/brent spread ...........and intraday (seriously intraday....) this days u will be suprise it goes as far as .75 to 1 US$ during the regular trading session

5. XBOT

XBOT

how is the liquidity in brent during nymex hours?

6. I've been a grain spreader for thirty years. Grain spreads behave very nicely.

7. xty

xty

the liquidity level compared to nymex is low......but over the past couple of weeks (say 4 weeks) its even getting worse. last friday it wti/brent went from +50 to almost 0

That is where i think the oppour. is

Pls let me know if u have other ideas regarding this .

i have managed to develop 4 trading strategies using the brent and the wti . would like to discuss this with anybody that is interested and also i want to learn

8. BigBoblz

BigBoblz

I'm interested in trading the WTI-Brent spread from home and was wondering who you trade with.

For some reason IB have all the single futures contracts but not the WTI-Brent Spread! :eek:

9. it is awesome!...many times 1-2 tick spread...also, much less on daytrade margin then CL...to me, "Brent is the new mini Crude Oil"

10. grain spreads are so much easier.

Jeff

#10     May 9, 2008