Who trades at night?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TheFinn, Sep 5, 2005.

1. TheFinn

TheFinn

Is there anyone here who trades at night? I don't mean after-hours trading (after the market is closed), but if you're in the U.S., do you trade currencies or the foreign markets at night time? The reason I'm asking is that I want to trade, but I need my regular job, too (to pay the bills). Thanks.

2. I do...currencies

3. m22au

m22au

What if you're not in the USA?

4. cmaxb

cmaxb

Asia

5. i've noticed curriencies move little outside news at night. now there's alot more movment than the s@p AFTER HRS. one hasn't really been able to trade emini's at night in the last 3-5 years as they barely move

6. Ebo

Ebo

I am currently trading from Rio!
    I get an extra hour of sleep.
    Any other Carioco trader's out there?

7. I am in Moscow trading Euribor. That is until my wife gets a visa and we move back to the US.

I really just trade US hours. European hours are mostly slow and the European Central Bank/politicians have a bad habit of opening their big mouths without any warning. Good way to get chopped up.

I traded European hours starting in 1993 doing US treasuries on Globex. It was worth it back then because almost no one was doing it. Too many wankers/punters, now.

8. Hi Hayla,

What broker are you using over there in Russia?

Are you trading in $? and how much for commish.?

9. acrary

acrary

I do --- DAX. Jimmy Rogers kind of market. Gold lying in the corner waiting to be picked up.

10. I think the DAX may well be one of the most if not the most profitable index there is to trade.

On the other hand I never got the balls to trade it.

I live in London, I come from Italy and I trade the US market: like playing the opening gaps on Naz stocks.

#10     Sep 5, 2005