who to go with? first timer

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by shahdad, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Dan,

thanks for the info, 30 seconds is no problem (5 minutes would even be OK...I was just making sure it wasn't 2 hours).

SSB

#11     Feb 2, 2006
  2. No prolem SSB, you just copy and past your username and password from CME to CBOT.

Velocity will probaly give you a 2 week trial on the sim w/o funding an accnt. They did for me. Call Anthony, he is a nice guy, no attitude, and has 5 years exp with TT/X Trader.

Dan

#12     Feb 2, 2006
  3. #13     Feb 2, 2006
  4. shahdad

shahdad

Ive done some reading and ive come across Titan Commodities and wanted to know what you guys think.

It seems to be one of the only low commission brokers for future trading that also has products that I require

I need the broker to have the Nybot (cocoa, lumber, cattle) and pit trading

There is no info on these guys, can they be trusted and are they insured?

Also, given this info now, can you suggest any other firms that meet the above criteria?

Thx

#14     Feb 3, 2006
  5. MTE

MTE

Open E Cry offers NYBOT as well. Have no experience with them, but seem respectable. If anyone has any feedback about Open E Cry please post it.

#15     Feb 3, 2006
  6. shahdad

shahdad

IB
    Titan Commodities
    Open E Cry

i would prefer nybot but its not necassy- if a firm is one of the best and does not have nybot thats ok, ill stick with my local broker that charges 70 commission and for all other trades ill go online.

i need pit though, most trades i will do will be electrtonic but its good to have that option just in case

so, info on ib, titan and open would be great

i know of ib, its a reputable firm what i know - any additional info would be great

titan- have no info but they have what i need - so info would be great

and open e cry as mentioned by MTE has nybot and again no info

can i get some opionons on the above and if any other firms are worth consider and if so WHY?

#16     Feb 3, 2006
  7. MTE

MTE

OK, IB offers only electronic markets. Open has both. Why don't you have a look at the broker reviews on this site, you got both for IB and Open!?

#17     Feb 4, 2006
  8. Why doesn't open e-cry post commissions? I'm always leery of a broker who wants to call me to "discuss" what a good deal he can give me....if I want that kind of crap I'll go to a car dealer...

SSB

#18     Feb 4, 2006
  9. whatever you do don't use Scottrade. These guys have botched almost every trade I've done through them. Their commissions are very low, but you clearly get what you pay for with them!:(

#19     Feb 4, 2006
  10. I used scottrade -- they were fine for stocks but mutual funds were another story. Everything is manual -- orders disappeared on several occasions. Given the cost structure there's no reason not to move to IB (I was previously prevented by my job -- when that changed I moved all my accounts to IB).

SSB

#20     Feb 4, 2006