Who thinks long tonight NQ? ES?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by trdes, Jan 28, 2020.

1. trdes

trdes

Looks like a long to me. Don't like trading after hours but too annoying to wake up tomorrow and see markets up I went long 9122.25.

2. Was long 89XX till now. I think we see ATH again but tomorrow is not the day unless Powell says he will deposit $1000 into everyone's trading account split between ES and NQ. Most likely side ways till Thursday and a run up on Friday

3. trdes

trdes

LOL, I mean good job but that's over 130 points away brother....easier to have conviction. I understand you've earned that right since you're still holding some lower.. but still you know what I mean.

4. .sigma

.sigma

I'm forever long...

yet I'm synthetically short vol

What a world.

5. trdes

trdes

Oh no, I didn't fully read your post. I am long here because there's a bigger move likely coming soon (it's already started some now as you see). Obviously nothing is 100% but they will be pushing tonight likely and if I am wrong so be it, just playing the odds

6. Not holding. I closed today. Took what I came for (but probably should have held longer based on what I see this crazy ass market doing)

7. trdes

trdes

Na not crazy, there's certain deviation / pattern whatever you want to call that once the market enters it's 100% long , despite any other indicator or factor. The only thing that will derail it is news and even than most of the time it just causes a temporary dip that will get bought up again. Obviously extreme news like terrorist attack or etc it doesn't work, but that's rare

murray t turtle likes this.
  8. Indeed. I'm still learning.

I think what I would probably do going forward is sell a call far enough away in order to buy a put (believe it is called a collar), rinse and repeat weekly until I'm done. I am still trying to figure this out. I believe it would let me hold onto winners longer without too much risk.

9. trdes

trdes

May see a pullback here to 9123-9132.25 area on nq. should probably exit but I am only in one and will typically continue higher whether now or pullback so I am going to stay long for now.

10. I was honestly expecting a pull back to 9040 where I would go long again...

#10     Jan 28, 2020