Who thinks it will be choppy for the rest of the year?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader99, Apr 11, 2021.

1. trader99

trader99

As a daytrader, I don't really care about the daily chart since there are plenty of actions in the thousands of stocks in the market.

But I'm just throwing a thought out there that it looks like the market might be choppy this year unless there is a big catalyst to cause it to trend nicely up or down(2020 with corona).

What ya think?

2. VicBee

VicBee

I'm a stock trader and normally would enjoy the uncertainty of 2021 so far, but I'm stuck high on all of my holdings after the mid March steeper than expected dip, so at this point I just want a sturdy upwards trend, thank you very much.

Relentless likes this.
  3. Yup.

Sideways to down from what I've put together.

4. chillibean

chillibean

obviously we're gonna keep going up, but could be a bit choppy. Just buy dips and buy breakouts. 5k ES is a coming

Just like everyone was saying 4k is coming at 3k (and they were right), everyone is saying 5k now. And it will happen.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. orbit23

orbit23

I am 100% market will pull the rug in a nasty fashion rather soon and SP500 will dump to $2600.

Too bad the market does not care.. It's trending up right now so don't fight it, don't try to make it happen, but if i see a reversal at some point and price starts to confirm then i would short with no mercy.

There is no free money. Market will make everyone complacent and then take it all away.

yc47ib, KCalhoun, levanyashin and 2 others like this.
  6. Yes, that's what my beans are also telling me. There will be hell of a reversal pretty soon. Expect far from choppy or boring markets this, and the next two years.

d08 likes this.
  7. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Best sign of a nice gradual bull is a bunch of day traders on here expecting a correction based on nothing at all. We are in the early days of a huge economic recovery.

8. VicBee

VicBee

I tend to agree with you. I see the post covid era as a post prohibition era. People have money burning their pockets, they will buy and spend til there's no more. However, next year will be hang over...

Math_Wiz likes this.
  9. SammyJ

SammyJ

I’m a trader and I go long 95% of the but it’s almost too easy with so few pull ins . Just like we skied in the darkest days week after week we could fall in the greatest optimism days . All the signs of mass euphoria are present .Mkt cap to GDP 203% which is like 10 standard deviations above normal . Another shocking one is more money put in mkt last 5 months equal to last 12 yrs . That ones off the hook . But again none of this tells us when this could end .

comagnum and levanyashin like this.
  10. Was the economy strong and booming pre-covid in early 2020?

Early 2020 => S&P approx. 3400 points.

Q2 2021 => S&P 4115 points.

That's a difference of 715 points / 21 %.

If we're in the early phase of a huge recovery - why did we already surpass pre-covid levels by 21 %?

Note: I'm not predicting doom and gloom, nor am I an expert on stock market valuations, but this does seem euphoric and bubbly to me.

#10     Apr 11, 2021
    NoahA and d08 like this.