Who thinks ES will sell off hard at 6pm?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rc5781, Aug 31, 2008.

1. rc5781

rc5781

anyone?

early opening is only for energy products right?

2. trendy

trendy

3. I think oil will jump $10 to $15 by tuesday...I think DOW will tank like 300 to 500 points...very serious

4. well if its going to giddy up by 10 to 15 it better get on with it- currently only up by3 bucks and natty barely up

5. gwac

gwac

increasenow

I think you have lost your mind...

Would not want to own insurance companies...

oil is at 118 right now, this will sink big time by this time tomorrow...

6. I don't think that you have a very good understanding of the energy markets. Go do some "homework", and don't forget to check the inventory build of nat-gas on Thursday. It was so above and beyond the consensus that ALL nat-gas rigs in the GOM would have to be shut down for 3 full days just to get back to the consensus number of 82 Bcf build.

Hurricanes have the greatest effect on Nat-Gas. If you don't believe me, feel free to check out the charts of the entire energy complex back in Aug/Sept of 2005.

In the meantime, one still has to be aware of the economics of the current supply/demand situation.

7. rc5781

rc5781

This was overhyped, cat 3 maybe weak cat 4 => no big deal

8. gwac

gwac

it is a big deal if you live there, but that being said should have little impact on oil production...

9. have you been watching it...couldd be a cat 5 hurrican...literally 100's of oil rigs in its path..serious stuff...

#10     Aug 31, 2008