Who thinks .05 increments work better ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Vinny Gigante, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Some MCD clerks would be nice and give it to you even though you were a penny short

:D

#41     Dec 27, 2002
  2. most McDonalds clerks WOULD. And Wendy's too.

How do I know? I'm usually looking around for a few loose pennies when I'm there that are readily availiable, as most people leave pennies in a little box or something, on the counter.

I challenge you to tell me anywhere in America where you would be denied service because you are SHORT A FEW PENNIES?

Most would give it to you, and that's great, because this is America!

Vinny

#42     Dec 27, 2002
  3. you could get an educated dialogue on a message board.

Now, you better be one of the insiders, or your just an outsider.

It's too bad.

Vinny

ps. happy new year!!

#43     Dec 30, 2002
  4. Look at the bigger picture. Plenty of studies showed that when the NYSE went from 1/8 to 1/16 ticks, bid/ask spreads decreased. So on the whole buyers and sellers are better off with the smaller increments. In a free enterprise system (i.e. minimum regulation), buyers and sellers should be able to go down to a penny.

#44     Jan 6, 2003
  5. Josh_B

Josh_B

Certain strategies that used to work much better with fractions, have lost their effectiveness, But on the other hand for traders with no access to bullets it is somewhat easier to get few upticks within all these new decimal levels. Liquidity prices and posted prices are not coinciding as well as with fractions.

Josh

#45     Jan 6, 2003