Who the F made any money day trading today ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vespasian, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Seriously !

These markets are the worst I have seen in my 25 year career.

If your making $ your just lucky and you should spend it while you have it.

What a fuckin mess the politicians and bankers have gotten us all in.

2. I lost money:D

3. Today was AWFUL, Imo. I agree. (I got about 10 yrs experience). Am trading ES

4. JamesJ

JamesJ

been kidding around in futures...

more like gambling than trading today...

last hour was good for scalping though...

5. [​IMG]

6. Looks like that 2700 was a gold trade right ?

7. DWV

DWV

Were you trading back in 2003 and 2004? Back then a 10 point range in ES was pretty good. We would have begged for days like this back then.

8. no u shud not spend $$$ if u have it....SAVE:)

9. 2003 and 2004 were decent (granted, 75% of the stealth rally happened overnight) but at least there was some stock specific action.

I think you mean 2002. By far the worst year for every trader I know.

Personally, barring a massive comeback, February will be my first down month since early 2003 and will be my worst month ever (10 years trading).

It's just brutal right now.

10. I think its important to distinguish between intraday range and actually making sense of price action. Who cares if the ES is making 100 pt intraday swings if what is taking place isn't making a whole lotta sense. Today, for instance, I saw a lot of potential setups fizzle almost as soon as they set up. The few setups that did come to a head were all very difficult. Not saying MY method is the end all be all, but if someone with 25 yrs experience is complaining, it must mean something. And I fully agree, today wasn't a good trading day.

#10     Feb 18, 2009