Who Terrorizes you?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, Sep 4, 2010.

Question for U.S. residents only: Who terrorizes you the most?

1. Real terrorists, like those Al-Qaida assholes.

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Our own government.

28 vote(s)
    71.8%
  3. I'm not in the U.S., but thanks for giving me a box to check.

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  1. Didn't check either box because neither one is much of a threat.
    AQ got lucky once, and that was about it.
    USG: don't have much contact. Pay my taxes to them, get the snail mail from them, drive on the Interstate or take the plane, thereby using air traffic control and whatever those guys are called who frisk you as you board. That's about it.
    OTOH, it's because of what they're doing that AQ only got lucky once. Sooo, I guess I should check that box.

As for the poll results and the comments: par for the course on the Internet, where everyone is soooo coooool. Buncha pussies and poseurs, and one total nutcase.

#21     Sep 11, 2010
  2. If there were no US government, then even a country like Iran could easily raise, train, and send a navy and army round and occupy and control the country fairly quickly. Britain used to govern India with a mere 30,000 troops, and this was before machine guns, let alone air power and WMDs. Without the US government, you'd be kneeling and praying to allah five times a day and doing what your local mullah-boss told you.

Governments might do evil but they are a necessary evil and the alternative is much worse. If you don't believe me, feel free to move to Antarctica or Somalia, or sneak in to Cuba to see what the alternative to liberal democratic government is. I agree that small government is best, but big government is better than no government in most cases, just like a slow crappy car is better than no car, or a 2-shot derringer is better than being unarmed.

#22     Sep 11, 2010
  3. This is good. At this time, the poll results are an astonishing 3-23-7. Let's take out these Democrats in November! [​IMG]

#23     Sep 11, 2010