Who Terrorizes you?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, Sep 4, 2010.

Question for U.S. residents only: Who terrorizes you the most?

1. Real terrorists, like those Al-Qaida assholes.

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Our own government.

28 vote(s)
    71.8%
  3. I'm not in the U.S., but thanks for giving me a box to check.

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  1. I already know how this poll will go, and my point is that it doesn't have to fucking be this way!

The U.S. used to be a truly free country. The Bill of Rights served us well for centuries, but has disintegrated before our eyes during our own lifetimes. The more powerful the government gets, the worse life becomes for everyone.

2. If every Jew on the face of the earth were to drop dead tomorrow, do you really think America would be more free? Scapegoating of minority groups is a tool of the statists, collectivists and fascists- not the Libertarians. Remember that.

" You declare, my friend; that you do not hate the Jews, you are merely 'anti-Zionist'. And I say, let the truth ring forth from the high mountain tops, let it echo through the valleys of God's green earth: When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews -- this is God's own truth. Anti-Semitism, the hatred of the Jewish people, has been and remains a blot on the soul of mankind. In this we are in full agree-ment. So know also this: anti-Zionist is inherently anti-Semitic, and ever will be so."

~Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

3. impaired people out driving on the road worry me more than either of your choices.
    in my state there have been 3 families wiped out by impaired drivers this summer. 2 were drunk and one was drugs. i want more crackdowns.
    i want more random traffic stops checking for people under the influence.

4. we certainly would be fighting fewer wars. i believe without us military power backing up israel no questions asked by now israel would have found a way to compromise with its neighbors.
    the fact that every bomb israel drops says made in america got us into the middle east religious wars.

5. is their stupid in the water you conspiricy nuts drink?

6. If I were a US resident, I would say that the religious Right is a major source of terror for those who do not wish to reside in a neo-theocracy. You would then have a western version of the Taliban. Rearden, if you don't like the prohibitive drug policies today, then consider the "freedoms" you would have under pontificating self-righteous do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do megalomaniancs who commune with god directly and often. Somehow, god always seems to be on the side of such people, whatever their views may be.

7. Picaso

Picaso

+1

This poll should have options other than Bin Laden or Obama.

8. cstfx

cstfx

Where's the box for the psycho ex?

9. optimal

optimal

Do you ever have flashes of insight when you know you're insane? I had a friend who was schizophrenic and he said he sometimes knew that he was in a delusional phase, but other times he had no clue. Is it the same way with you?

Try to be honest, don't just shoot from the hip.

#10     Sep 5, 2010