Who should we invade next?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SpellingPolice, Mar 9, 2006.

1. I thought that also, then I watched it again and saw they had Australia purposefully mislabeled.

Australia SHOULD be one of THEE most recognizable land masses on the planet, BUT if you label it ANYTHING else...........an american, a US american, will believe you.

U.S. Americans are notorious for sleeping during geography class. After learning the Tri-State area, what's the point?

Why live in the world, when you can just live in your own?

#11     Mar 9, 2006
  2. I didn't say it's a bad place, but that it requires disinfection.

The most prolific lozzzer troll in existence that ever scoured the internet lives a lonely, masturbatory life in a cave there somewhere. Once it is removed (dragging and screaming) from its hovel, a semblance of normalcy might begin to permeate the Web again. :D

#12     Mar 9, 2006

3. Thanks... just wanted your opinion as I am about to go visit a friend in San Diego and wanted to prepare myself for the possible biohazard...

#13     Mar 9, 2006
  4. You're an ignorant moron. They interviewed 2000 people, then selected and showed you 15 dumbest answers. Yet it takes a total idiot like yourself not to undestand how it was done, take it seriously and accept it at face value.

#14     Mar 9, 2006
  5. You're most welcome.

Just don't visit ET Chit Chat while you're there, and you should be able to avoid contamination.

p.s. Stay away from scruffy, muttering middle-aged men in trench coats. I understand that is It's guise when it emerges from its dank cave every few months.

#15     Mar 9, 2006
  6. Look, it's only natural that you will get your patriotic back up....that's expected. The reality is, sadly, that it's not just 15 people in 2000, as you suggest.

Of course, I hope to gawd, that someone said, "Hey, you've got Australia labeled wrong there dude..." , but he was probably a tourist. ( ok , that was humour, but you get the point.)

But, ya, if y'all gonna result to name-calling with me, then that just shows yer one of THEM.

Now you have given me an idea. I should come to your town, let the camera roll unedited, and ask 2000 people where Australia is for instance. You really believe 1985 people would get it right?? Really? That's what you seem to think.

You see, those 'morons', to use your words, they looked like the everyday Joe to me. Just everyday good, decent U.S. americans. They weren't missing a tooth or something. Everyday folks with jobs who go to church but slept through geography class, that's all.

It's not their fault, they don't know what they are missing. It's the fault of their gov't and the priorities of their tax dollars.

Nevertheless, I'm sure they'd be proud that you stood up for them.

#16     Mar 10, 2006
  7. Nah, my post had nothing to do with patriotism, it was about stastics, intellectual dishonesty of the creators of the clip and the stupidity of those viewers who took it at face value claiming that

While it's a well known and undisputed fact that americans are not good at geography, it's irrelevant whether they had to take 50, 500 or 2000 interviews to come up with 15 stupid answers. The point is they did not present the issue in an objective manner, they manipulated the statistics, they expected morons to fall for it and morons have.

#17     Mar 10, 2006
  8. Hold the phone. On this we agree. So to be clear, what you are saying is, that since it's a well known and undisputed fact , the video survey was simply unnecessary?? I'm glad you think its Old News, but there are many millions who are finding this out for the first time.

I have to disagree on that. I, like you, would love to know more about their methods, and how exactly they went about their street survey. I think it IS relevant what per capita is having trouble. I would like to know if they interviewed 50, 500, or 2000 , like you say, because 15 in 50 would be scary wouldn't it?

Maybe there is a full length version somewhere......but who has the time to watch 2000 interviews on the 'net? Besides that, if they chose to show 50/50 right and wrong, that wouldn't help to reinforce the well known and undisputed fact now would it?

#18     Mar 10, 2006
  9. Look, that's really simple:

1. Americans are not good at geography and btw everyone in this country knows that.

2. The clip does not prove or disprove anything, it's funny but intellectually ans statistically dishonest. I can just as easily make a movie showing 100 people answering those questions correctly, what is that going to prove?

3. People who fell for the clip are dumb and unable to recognize that they are being manipulated. There are a lot of valid surveys demonstrating that americans are not good at geography, the movie is not one of them and touting it as a "proof" shows lack of intelligence and common sense.

Those are facts and they are not mutually exclusive.

#19     Mar 10, 2006
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

:D hahhaahhahahahahahah "dragging and screaming" haahahaha...I can actually picture that...hahahahahahah

#20     Mar 10, 2006