Who rides motorcycles here? Lets see them!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CasperCRF, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Bob111

Bob111

+1. i did take the safety courses for motorcycle long time ago. former police officers teach us how to ride etc... they said stats are that 80% + of motorcycle accidents are caused by drivers,not riders.
    specially-vehicle on opposite line at intersection making left turn. those dumb fucks just can't see you. cause you too small for them. that's why all my lights are on at all time. high beam,low-all of them

#51     Jul 16, 2012
  2. jem

jem

In two weeks with my helmet I found myself in compromised positions relative to cars making turns a few times.

It never happened without the helmet.

I am specifically speaking about beach areas where some drivers do crazy things for parking spaces.

#52     Jul 16, 2012
  3. Crispy

Crispy

Triumph line offers a few nice options if your going to have her riding pillion. Its got cache also.

#53     Jul 16, 2012
  4. If you have problems with your helmet on, then you should see a doctor to have your eyes and ears checked out. Studies have proven this, check Google. Helmets do not restrict anything. Some helmets will make it easier to hear cars over your loud motorcycle.

If you don't like helmets, then say so. The fact is they save lives. Anyone who doesn't realize this is joking themselves. :)

#54     Jul 16, 2012
  5. Bob111

Bob111

maybe because with helmet you ride more 'aggressively' than without?
    for me-going with or without depends on destination. run to a liqueur store and back or browse suburbs at 45mph max-I'll go without,but
    i can't imagine riding w/o helmet at 60-90mph in the night during the summer. your face will be covered with bugs. not to mention the fun ,when couple big ones hit you in the face. even when i was wearing full face good old shoei rx800 it feels like a rock.

#55     Jul 16, 2012
  6. I used to ride bikes. Haven't in a long time, mainly because of traffic and storage issues. I always wore a helmet afer an incident when I was riding in a nice neighborhood and some SOBs tossed eggs at me and one hit me squarely in the eye. Even though I was wearing sunglasses, i was lucky not to lose the eye or suffer permanent damage. After that, full skid lid and face shield for me.

Now, knowing what I know, I wouldn't ride without roadracing gloves, boots and at least a jacket. Preferably full leathers. Kind of takes the fun out of summer riding when you have all that hot leather on, but sitting in the ER while a doc pulls bits of gravel out of your hands and butt is not a lot of fun either.

I see people riding sport bikes in shorts and flip flops, maybe a tee top on. I do get it, but the risk is just off the scale. If you ride enough, at some point a car will turn left right in front of you as though you are invisible. You can lock the rear brake and put the bike down or hit them and become a human missile. Either way, I want all the protection on I can get.

#56     Jul 16, 2012
  7. jem

jem

Its because contrary to the things said by tenthousandmen... (I do not need leftists / insurance company / bike helmet maker studies to tell me what was obvious to a real rider.) between 15 - 20 miles an hour and under you hear better without a helmet. over 20 and air noise kicks in.

When you are driving around in and out of traffic in mission and pacific beaches in San Diego a helmet cuts down your awareness.

That is where I was living and that is why I sold my bike. I had no other reasons to sell my bike at the time. I found wearing helmet to be more likely to put me in harms way.

Once in harms way... a helmet and leathers would of course be preferred.

#57     Jul 16, 2012
  8. One of the American Chopper projects. I had seen this bike the other day.
    Liberty Bike
    I remember watching this episode and lmao at the kid who kept trying to fabricate in copper the 3d face of lady liberty on to the bumper.
    It kept coming out like those Easter Island Moai... too funny

[​IMG]

#58     Jul 29, 2012
  9. The bike is behind glass, as I took the pic I realized the reflection of the statue was in image.

[​IMG]

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MTP7lg_V04k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cxKEref9oBw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#59     Jul 29, 2012
  10. I was in Paris several weeks ago, motorcycles and scooters are everywhere there. I saw a guy on a Ducatti riding on the sidewalk. No one seemed to care.

We looked in several bike shops when strolling by-- I noticed a new kind of suit that blows up into some kind of giant airbag should you get launched off the bike--- seems like a great idea--- is this a common thing?

#60     Jul 29, 2012