Who rides motorcycles here? Lets see them!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CasperCRF, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Speed limits are generally set arbitrarily and have little if anything to do with public safety and almost everything to do with revenue.

Besides ... sometimes you just gotta say "what the fuck".

#41     Jun 19, 2012
  2. '79 Yamaha XS1100 Special. Mags, shaft drive - I put a Kerker on it. Rode one for years. Bought it as a basket-case and rebuilt. Old-school cruiser style inline 4, and fairly light, so it moved quick. High center tho, so tricky in turns...

[​IMG]

#42     Jun 19, 2012
  3. r-in

r-in

Looked at ticket, and actually don't see a speed listed, just that I was over by 55mph. I got a ticket for blowing through a stoplight too. I didn't blow a light, but I didn't argue at that point, as I figured it would cause me more problems. As time goes by I am actually more ticked about the the stop light ticket, as I know I went through on green. I have had enough close calls going through on greens that I don't screw around at stop lights or signs.
    My Harley riding neighbor said I was an idiot. He had nothing to say when I asked him about his DWI on his Harley 3 years ago. We may not be talking for awhile.
    I don't get your red socks comment? Maybe I missed a post. I change my own oil for alot less, and use synthetic oil. I do use my dealer for other stuff, and I wouldn't say it is cheap, but I don't have to go in very often. Actually only been in once for any issues.

#43     Jun 20, 2012
  4. BryantR

BryantR

Wife & I are going shopping for a bike this weekend. Not really sure what we want...any suggestions?

#44     Jun 20, 2012
  5. Check out the japanese sport bikes. Huge bang for your buck.

Harley's will be very expensive.

BMW less expensive, but in the same category as Ducati.

What type are you looking for? Check out the Kawasaki and Honda 250's in sport bikes, touring and off-road.

#45     Jun 20, 2012
  6. Bob111

Bob111

---Who else here rides?---

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#46     Jul 15, 2012
  7. vinc

vinc

get a v-strom 2012 model , excellent reviews , in Europe at least..

#47     Jul 15, 2012
  8. Bob111

Bob111

depends on your 'goal', weight,size etc. if you are 5.5 and 130lb-dealing with fat boy could be problematic. commuting to work is one thing,browsing around on weekends-another,long tips,racing..lots of variables

#48     Jul 15, 2012
  9. jem

jem

had bikes til I got married. wife is a nurse and had done rotations in emergency rooms. I had sold a bike because of the helmet law so I did not argue with her.

I thought helmets were dangerous as they restricted my vision, hearing and sense of the traffic at the speeds I typically traveled.

#49     Jul 15, 2012
  10. r-in

r-in

The helmet is a problem story is false. People drive their cars with their radios on, windows up, and the cars, especially today are designed to keep noise out of the car. The posts on either side of the windsheild on all of our cars are a bigger problem for me everyday than my helmet, not to mention the normal blind spot in cars. Which of course is a danger for cyclists. I can't speak for anyone else, but I am more aware of traffic on my cycle than in my shell(car).

#50     Jul 15, 2012