Who rides motorcycles here? Lets see them!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CasperCRF, Aug 19, 2011.

1. 1198S

[​IMG]

#31     Feb 9, 2012
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Motorcycle shop maintenance/repair costs are outrageous.

#32     Feb 9, 2012
  3. I assume you are referring to the Ducati. In compared to Jap bikes yes, but compared tothe issues with Harleys, no. My neighbor has had his Harley towed from his house every year to have an issue taken care of, and sometimes a couple times a year. Not sure why that is a great value.

#33     Feb 9, 2012
  4. r-in

r-in

Hey, been riding every month this year, and that is with a Wisconsin address. I have washed the bike twice to clean salt off, but I think I will make year round riding easily.
    Nice Ducatti by the way!. Harley needs some imagination. They are as boring as it gets, and I'd be willing to tell Willie to his face, as well as the rest of the corporate followers that buy Harleys. They had something great in Buell's and F$%%^d them, but why would you expect anything else from corporate America losers who can't think out side of the box. They need Obama to bail em out and pretend like they did something. Yea Harley was saved by bail outs to their financial arm, and still don't get hwo they are failing with the crappy product they serve up year after year.

#34     Feb 9, 2012
  5. No they're not, "trader". You've obviously never had your endorsement before. Maybe you're just referring to shops that rip people off, which happens allot, even for oil changes ($200-$300 at the shop vs. $40 and 15 minutes/4 hours waiting to do it yourself). Either way, let me clear up your false notion...

(Most expensive case)
    Ducati 1199: $16k used, $23k new - $300-$600 every 7,500 miles.
    This bike is significantly quicker than any car, including any Bugatti, Corvette or Lamborghini ($130k-$2.2m range for cars!)

(Least expensive case)
    Kawasaki 1200: $7k used, $10-$15k new - $50-$200 every 6,000 miles
    This bike is also significantly quicker than any car.

(Even less expensive case)
    Kawasaki 250: $1.3k used, $4.5-$5.5k new - $50-$200 every 6,000 miles
    This bike is quicker than your typical Mustang or corvette.

You can find one or two models of Harley's, Ducati's, etc. that will sell for significantly more just because they're special low production bikes.

...don't crash on the way to the bike shop now ;) :p.

#35     Feb 9, 2012
  6. BryantR

BryantR

There are some great looking bikes in this thread. I don't have a bike now, but am hoping to get one next year.

---

R. Bryant
    <a href=http://www.trailways.com/team-trailways/motorcoach-listing-companies/companies/fullington>Bus Companies in PA</a>

#36     Feb 9, 2012
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Son, I probably had my endorsement before you sucked your first tit.
    Have a goodun'.

#37     Feb 10, 2012
  8. r-in

r-in

Ok, I deserve a lot of abuse! Just got a ticket for +55 over limit. Boy that ticket sucks. I am thinking of getting a lawyer to reduce points, but the cost would end up the same. Regardless, I deserve a good ass kicking, even if it was a whole heck of alot of fun. I had full gear on, but at the same time, I get the inner kid took over the adult. F***, this is going to suck; fine, points, insurance wise, and there really is no but to it, other than I am alive, and it was fun while it lasted. The only good thing is I wasn't caught at the top end. Top end was 165, and when I saw it I said to myself, you are an idiot.
    Anyway, there is my confession for the day.

#38     Jun 19, 2012
  9. How fast were you really going and what your ticket says?

Apologies for the comment above, the red socks must of lost!

#39     Jun 19, 2012
  10. EON Kid

EON Kid

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/49Oi4eTF9jw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#40     Jun 19, 2012