Who rescued the market last week?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by nutmeg, May 13, 2010.

1. "someone had accidentally hit a "B" for billions when he only wanted to sell "M" for millions of shares, didn't anyone think of checking?"

"People who really know this sort of stuff say that computerized trading programs don't work like that."

"someone seemed to have a very unusual appetite for stock index futures contracts just as the Dow neared the level of a 1,000-point drop, it wasn't a surprise."

"the person, unnamed by the Times, who is supposedly being questioned for his/her heavy selling of futures contracts, which I guess is frowned upon."

" Let me ask the interrogators this: Has anyone ever been questioned for heavy buying in stock index futures contracts?"

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busine...e_market_6eBP8nn3pCQbkFOsFPOQEI#ixzz0np4WfUXR

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

The shorts who eventually had to cover. If there really was a big ES seller, he/they had to cover at some point, right?

3. traders. once i figured out there was no terrorist attack i was trying to buy my favorite names with stink bids. only got a couple of fills but they were nice.