Who Posts All Their Trades ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GrandSupercycle, Mar 23, 2011.

1. I did for a while in my journal thread until I stopped day trading (for non-trading related reasons).

#31     Mar 27, 2011
  2. Lucias

Lucias

I have seen 1000 contracts go off in overnight hour in the ES with no more then 1-2 tick slippage. This was a rare event though.

It is possible that posting trades from systems may reveal some edge. I have methods I could use toward that. However, it is impossible to know if one has uncovered the all of the rules of a system. In fact, some systems may switch the meaning of rules given on various conditions. In effect, this means your results while similar initially would eventually shift dramatically over time. One would need a very extended track record to have confidence in such workings.

However, I think it is more importantly that one may be able to reverse a system good enough to get some ideas for trading and what may be working. Very few people will do such things in practice because it is more difficult then just building a system from scratch.

I mean that the people who are willing to put the work in to do what is possible will be likely successful at any rate. Also, the person who has no creativity or originality is unlikely to be successful even with all the systems in the world. If one is just trying to steal systems then they will probably not have any confidence to really be great.

#32     Mar 27, 2011
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Exactly...enough said.

Mark

#33     Mar 27, 2011
  4. Nine_Ender

Although you are keen to dispense emotive commentary and opinion, I'm sure members of this forum will appreciate further insight regarding your investment style.

WHERE ARE YOUR TRADES NINE_ENDER ?

#34     Mar 30, 2011
    #35     Apr 1, 2011
    #36     Apr 3, 2011
    #37     Apr 5, 2011
  8. tango29

tango29

I posted and even admited when I lost discipline and blew up. I will admit it again if it happens, but I won't post until I do blow up this time.

#38     Apr 5, 2011
  9. tango29

Thanks for your candid post.

It's a pity certain other posters are incapable of this.

#39     Apr 5, 2011
  10. WHY HAS THIS THREAD BEEN MOVED FROM TRADING TO 'CHIT CHAT' WHERE I FIND OTHER TRADING TOPICS SUCH AS CHARLIE SHEEN, PARIS HILTON AND THE DAILY HOTTIE ?

If this censorship by moving my threads to 'chit chat' continues - I will cease posting at this forum.

#40     Apr 5, 2011