Who Pays What Taxes In The US

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PHOENIX TRADING, Sep 18, 2012.

1. +1

Also, the capital used to make capital gains has almost always been previously taxed.

#31     Sep 19, 2012
  2. Yannis

Yannis

Pat Buchanan Calls Obama ‘Drug Dealer of Welfare’
    By Dan Weil

Renowned Republican commentator Pat Buchanan defended GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney and had some choice words for President Barack Obama in an interview with Greta Van Susteren of Fox News.

The remarks by Buchanan, a former presidential candidate himself, came amid the controversy surrounding Romney’s remarks that 47 percent of Americans are “dependent on government.”

As for Obama, he is “a drug dealer of welfare,” Buchanan said. “He wants permanent dependency, in my judgment, of all these folks somehow getting benefits, benefits, benefits, and paying no taxes.”

Rather than leading to criticism of Romney, Obama's remarks should lead to a discussion about government’s role in society and why the economy pushes people to government dependency, Buchanan said in the show that aired Tuesday.

“We used to have FDR talking about relief being a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit. We've got to get off this welfare, is what he said. And in that sense it’s a narcotic.”

Romney wants to avoid turning welfare into a narcotic, Buchanan says. “We believe in temporary help for anybody that’s in trouble. You should have a floor of decency under every family. Unemployment should be temporary. Unemployment benefits should be temporary. Food stamps should be temporary. What are we doing with 47 million people who permanently have to be fed by the government?”

#32     Sep 19, 2012
  3. The head guy makes that, he runs a 5 to 10 man crew and works for other contractors besides myself and he'll travel to stay busy when work is slow around here. He is exceptional and gets about $400 more a roof than the going rate.
    The other guy I use makes six figures also, he runs several crews and works for quite a few contractors and does very well. This guy is good but not as good as the first but he does an amazing volume of work.
    What was the LOL for?

#33     Sep 19, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

And these TWO guys are the Mexican roofers I asked about? They sound more like a foreman or some such.
    Because I doubt seriously your roofers (the Mexicans on the roof) make more or pay more tax than I do.
    Which is what I asked about.

#34     Sep 19, 2012

5. You're right the workers are just workers trying to stay alive. The guys who subs out the work from contractors make more than you'd think though. But the subs are Mexicans though and they are on the roofs so some of them do make a lot.

#35     Sep 19, 2012
  6. You mean it's too bad obama can't read them.

#36     Sep 19, 2012
  7. Until the tax laws change to something equitable I'll continue to consider my federal taxes as charity because "that's what it is".

#37     Sep 19, 2012
  8. BSAM

BSAM

There should be no capital gains tax.
    What a backwards ass country we have.

#38     Sep 19, 2012
  9. Yannis

Yannis

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

+10^16

Smartest idea in decades, which is why government won't do it.

#40     Sep 20, 2012