Who Pays What Taxes In The US

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PHOENIX TRADING, Sep 18, 2012.

1. BSAM

BSAM

"Fair share" = the least amount of money it takes to run a government divided by a consumption tax on anyone who buys anything.

#21     Sep 19, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

How much did your Mexican roofers pay last year?

#22     Sep 19, 2012
  3. CallIng the Morman church a charity is a bastardation of the word.
    Percentage wise I paid my fair share more than Romney did. My next dollar shouldn't be taxed more than Romneys next dollar. Checkmate.

#23     Sep 19, 2012
  4. Probably more than you did cowboy.

#24     Sep 19, 2012
  5. Yannis

Yannis

Better than giving the money to Obama to hand it to his buddies like Solyndra and the labor unions.

#25     Sep 19, 2012
  6. Yannis

Yannis

Not true. Do the accounting correctly, put things in their right columns. Otherwise, it's a lie.

#26     Sep 19, 2012
  7. I know what you're talking about and you get my point also Yannis.

#27     Sep 19, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

LOL you pay your Mexican roofers six figures?

#28     Sep 19, 2012
  9. Yannis

Yannis

It's not just theoretical or ideological: if we abolish or restrict the capital gains tax, investment will plummet and people's pensions/savings will suffer big losses. Not to mention unemployment going up because hiring will be stifled as companies will have a harder time raising money to expand. We need a globally competitive (ie, lower, at least at the marginal side) tax structure or else we will continue to bleed jobs abroad.

#29     Sep 19, 2012
  10. Employees usually pay 50% of the FICA taxes. Employers pay the other 50%. I say usually because the last two years, with the temporary payroll tax reduction, employees have paid 5.65% in FICA taxes (4.2% for Social Security, and 1.45% for Medicare). There is an income limit ($110,100) on the Social Security tax because there is also a benefit limit. There is no wage limit on the Medicare tax.

#30     Sep 19, 2012