Who Pays What Taxes In The US

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PHOENIX TRADING, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Yannis

Yannis

2. I pay a higher tax rate than Romney and the wealthy like him. Either lower my rates to what he pays all inclusive with SS or raise on the wealthy. It won't fix the economy either way but it's the correct thing to do and it'll let me keep more of my money or make the wealthy pay their share. You know the guys who really get screwed on taxes are professional athletes, they make millions for a few years, pay the absolute maximum with no chance to shelter their taxes like the businessmen wealthy and then they're out of work at 32, I digress.
    And solving SS is simple and painless, if there really is a SS problem, raise the maximum needed a few thousand, problem solved. Or raise the top limit on income a lot but tax that at a much lower rate, problem solved, damn this is easy.

#12     Sep 19, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

Thomas Sowell's articles always make a lot of sense. It's too bad Obama doesn't read them.

#13     Sep 19, 2012
  4. Yannis

Yannis

BS. He pays a higher rate on his income because he makes much more than you. You may be paying the same lower rate for capital gains. The statement is bogus, you are mixing apples and oranges like most liberals do to demagogue the issue of taxes. Meanwhile, the US has now one of the highest tax structures (income and corporate) in the world and people are complaining that there are no jobs, that capital is leaving the country. The argument is just plain stupid and malicious, open your eyes.

#14     Sep 19, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

That must be a helluva roofing business you got going there ba.

#15     Sep 19, 2012
  6. You pay a higher rate also. The SS is about 15% just to start. So practically all working Americans pay a higher percentage of their income than Romney.
    Sorry to muddle the conversation with numbers.

#16     Sep 19, 2012
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Great idea, brother Big.
    www.fairtax.org

#17     Sep 19, 2012
  8. I would be open to a total revamp of the tax system. You wouldn't believe how much time I spend on bookkeeping with my little business. And I would be very open to a system that would put more money in my pocket, even at the expense of others paying more.

#18     Sep 19, 2012
  9. BSAM

BSAM

I am in favor of a consumption tax such that everybody pays something and virtually nobody escapes paying taxes, whether rich or poor and nobody is exempted from supporting the country in which they live and in which people have died to defend!

Additionally, no man should have a greater percentage of his money confiscated from him just because he applied himself, worked hard, and made some money.

#19     Sep 19, 2012
  10. wildchild

wildchild

Mitt Romney paid $3 million in taxes and gave $3 million to charity last year.

How much did you pay?

I am guessing that you didn't pay your fair share.

#20     Sep 19, 2012