Who no Time and sales on Trader P/L 2009?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by limitupmike, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

1. People don't trust/recognize valuable info when they get it for free.

2. There is still such a thing on ET, you just have to dig for it...

#11     Sep 24, 2009
  2. lol.. this post has generated a lot of different opinions but most of them have been pretty constructive which is pretty amazing to say the least for this site!
    Anyway.... in no way or form does seeing the time and sales divulge anyone's actual strategy.. or the how and why they entered. It is as simple to copy and post the ALMIGHTY TRADE BLOTTER AS it is to post the actual time and sales...

also the time and sales will be posted post close.. so the only real information garnered would be if someone here (doubtful) had an enormous position long in an illiquid stock.... then we would know that at some point someone must sell... but even then this sell data later would be post close and virtually useless.

Look at natural gas do you want to knwo the real story why it has rallied 50 % in teh last 2 weeks? John Arnold of Centaurus was short january 2010 natty futs and guess what he bought into the october and caught all the "usual shorts" well short and as he bought they scurried for the exits.... he must do this because he cannot just buy back tons of positions in the January 2010 becasue it is not that liquid.. but int he front month the october 09 he can buy lots of contracts.. . anyway .. the point is that someone liek this has a reason not to show time and sales.. but people on here have nothing close to this and if they do then do nto post.. I am sure aronold also sold puts and bought calls before he purchased all the october futures.. I mean wouldn't you! DUH..

Lastly.. I am not saying to post time and sales for a short cut.. seriously having time and sales in no way or form will help anyone out on this site.

So everyone hates showing tiem and sales... why not just show shares purchased and shares sold? this way everyone can see how many you are buying and selling and at what price.. but they won't have the actual time and sales!

#12     Sep 24, 2009
  3. great post raskolnikov. Gives me some great ideas for mentoring some guys in the ES when I've got a few more years under my belt.

#13     Sep 24, 2009
  4. USE A SPELL-CHECKER NEXT TIME!

shesh! ... people can't even beg for information correctly around here. :eek: :p

#14     Sep 24, 2009
  5. bighog

bighog Guest

Truth be known..................many in Et do not know their asshole from a hole in the ground, do not know if the shine on their shoe is from shit or Shinola.

I have told myself i will drop ET like a one night stand at 2 am.

Entertainment at best, thats about it.

Dipshits, many dipshits that are dreaming. :p

#15     Sep 24, 2009
  6. NoDoji

NoDoji

Hog, I met you through ET and although it doesn't show (yet), you've provided me 5 years worth of valuable information.

I studied guitar with Pat Martino years ago for a summer. He laboriously wrote out lessons for me, which, it turns out, I still study and learn from all these years later. I came to him wanting fish and he taught me how to fish.

What you've given me over the past (almost) year is priceless and lifelong.

As for the original post, I often post a chart of my entries and exits on my live trades in my journal and this week I've been posting my ES T&S sim trades, hoping seasoned futs traders will take me apart before I start walking across the wire without a net.
    :D

#16     Sep 24, 2009
  7. I guess I can, I just did what everyone else does and just posts the PnL and # of shares. I really dont care if someone knows what I trade after it happens.

#17     Sep 24, 2009
  8. bespoke

bespoke

ah, how i wish i could just walk into different prop firms at the end of the day and take a peak at their best traders trades for the day.... but life is not that easy

#18     Sep 25, 2009
  9. that trading is a zero sum game. There is a reason why institutions and "fundies" have "proprietary" systems and have their traders sign NDAs........I am all for sharing the basics of the game...but divulging the strategy in a public forum?....HAHAHA

#19     Sep 25, 2009
  10. ONCE AGAIN .. MORONS HERE ON et!

This post is not about sharign your strategy... it is about showing the actual trades you made ... buys and sells... throughout the day... forget the time then and show the sales..

no one here is looking for a hand out .. just curious... why everyone on this site .. and especially those posting on the 2009 P?L .. really don't want to show the sales and the P?L..

I can post my time and sales and then you guys tell me my strategy!

#20     Sep 25, 2009