Who needs the federal reserve?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by RainMaker3000, Jun 25, 2019.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Possibly you are unaware of how the 1913 Federal Reserve was revamped by the banking acts of the 1930's . Admittedly, the 1913 version makes for a much more sinister
    Zeitgeist video.

#41     Jun 30, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  2. easymon1

easymon1

I stand corrected, piezoe. Sorry 'bout that.

Please, where could I peruse the income statement and balance sheet for the overarching Federal Reserve System in toto, not the member banks? Website address would be groovy. How far back in time do the reports go? How often are they posted?

Thanks

#42     Jun 30, 2019
  3. Overnight

Overnight

People keep pissing on me for posting stuff like this, but it bears repeating here.

The Central bank is poison. Just because private individual banks did not work in the 1800's does not mean it wouldn't work now. The world is way different. I mean, we have shit like electricity now.

If there was a statute that would permit the government to take your property without your consent or knowledge, would you accept it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminent_domain_in_the_United_States

#43     Jun 30, 2019
  4. Evidence of the "revamp"??? Still unconstitutional in spirit & letter of the law as far as I know.

Yep. The video serves as an indictment of the operations of the Federal Reserve.

The Federal Reserve is poison. Yes.

It depends on why it didn't work then, but we know for a fact that it's not working now. It can't possibly work when money is created out of debt. Those who drafted the Constitution were no corrupt morons, unlike the current crop of corrupt politicians in Washington.

My hypothesis does not include "just compensation" for a reason. (As a side note, "just compensation" offers no meaningful protection in a country with a private central bank like the Federal Reserve.)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    #44     Jun 30, 2019
    tom2 likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

There are no true private banks now. They are all slaves to the Central bank...?

#45     Jun 30, 2019
  6. easymon1

easymon1

man, I loves me some internet.

Two basic formats for the income statement are used in financial reporting presentations – the multi-step and the single-step. These are illustrated below in two simple examples:
    Income stmt formats.png

The Big Kahuna's Net Income (after tax), not the franchises.
    Federal Reserve Inc isn't a tax free church, is it? now let's see here . . .

Big Kahuna Net Income after tax, wonder where that one is, don't see it here yet . . .
    https://www.fedsearch.org/board_public/search?text=income+statement&Search=

%%%%%%%%%%%%
    https://www.investopedia.com/articles/04/022504.asp

Corporate Finance & Accounting Financial Statements
    Understanding the Income Statement
    By Richard Loth
    Updated Jun 25, 2019

Understanding an income statement is essential for investors in order to analyze the profitability and future growth of a company, which should play a huge role in deciding whether or not to invest in it. The income statement is one of three financial statements that stock investors need to become familiar with (the other two are balance sheet and cash flow statement).

In the context of corporate financial reporting, the income statement summarizes a company's revenues (sales) and expenses, quarterly and annually for its fiscal year. The final net figure, as well as various other numbers in the statement, are of major interest to the investment community.

Read on to learn how to break down a financial statement. (To learn more, see What You Need To Know About Financial Statements and Footnotes: Start Reading The Fine Print.)
    An Introduction To The Income Statement
    General Terminology and Format Clarifications

Income statements come with various monikers. The most commonly used are "statement of income," "statement of earnings," "statement of operations" and "statement of operating results." Many professionals still use the term P&L, which stands for profit and loss statement, but this term is seldom found in print these days. In addition, the terms "profits," "earnings" and "income" all mean the same thing and are used interchangeably.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    #46     Jun 30, 2019
  7. Americans are slaves to the private central bank, by design. The Fed is a private monopoly that controls the money supply and charges interest every time money is created. The previous short sentence is enough to define a slave system.

To illustrate, let's start from the first printing. Let's say

US govt issues one 1-year $1000 bond (debt) at 10% interest; in return US govt receives $1000 from the Fed. At the end of 1 year, US govt must pay back $1100. But the Fed is a monopoly and has only printed $1000. Where does the US govt get the extra $100 to pay the interest? Answer: It must borrow again!!! The process never ends. The more money you want, the more debt you must incur to get that money, and hence more debt must be created to pay the higher interests.

How can you ever get out of debt under such a scheme??

#47     Jun 30, 2019
    tom2 likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Yes

#48     Jun 30, 2019
  9. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I watched this, wondering 'when [it] would go off the rails?'

I found out: it's minute 06:00, for about 20 seconds -- totally off the rails. After that, it's all building on the Whoops! happening right there. It's like "The Flat-Earthers Go Banking." (A book whose time has gone...)

#49     Jul 1, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  10. hahahahahah

#50     Jul 1, 2019