Who needs a prop firm?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by topguntrader, Oct 30, 2001.

1. jem

jem

magna - are you saying the QBD statment was copy from an ad for software. Because whoever wrote that seemed to not only have at least some understanding of trading but a pretty cool writing ability. Of course I prefer originality but if you wrote that yourself QBD, that was a pretty cool read.

#51     Nov 7, 2001
  2. TonyOz

TonyOz

Thanks for all the kind words. I have some pictures posted here http://www.tonyoz.com/pictures.htm I don't have the place in Redondo anymore, and I have been in my current residence since 1996. It is not a big place, and I don't own it either. We rented it brand new from the developer, (because I don't like to be tied down to property. We sold our house in a soft market after it was listed for almost a year, so it was a bitter lesson). Anyhow, I just wanted to share some of the views I was talking about in an earlier post.

BTW, 4th of July is really cool, we can see fireworks in 11 different places form our balcony.

#52     Nov 7, 2001
  3. Writing is my third love next to trading-golf, then writing. In fact, every morning, I freetype one page without stopping in order to clear my mind. It helps to alleviate any conflicts, thoughts, or emotions before I trade. Something like this:

pretty tired this morning, its 345 am and i didnt sleep for more than 5 hours, something has been bothering me the last two days and i cant pick up on it, im not sure is it not being absolutely fully loaded on this market when i have been rampantly bullish for 2 weeks? a speculator never feels he makes enough when he is right or is it my girl who is complaining i am not spending enough time with her? or is umm... not really thinking of anything right now just typing so jem can see what i do for about fifteen minutes every morning typing putting all my thoughts down on the screen so i can start this day fresh , new, clear and ready to drawing a blank for the word i want to use so i continue to type and think of nothing and clear my mind and just let anything i think of come onto the screen where did i leave off? oh yea the word i was looking for let me see how do i want today to be i want to today to be full on conviction confidence integrity honesty truthfulness clarity and wisdom and ill let jem know i end every freetyping sort of like this, i do not know, i do not need to know where the market is going to make money, i play my edges, accept the risk, define the risk, and let the market trade, i will scan the general market conditions looking for clues as to the path of least resistance not caring about being a bull or a bear but on being right is all i care about....

Peace.

#53     Nov 7, 2001
  4. Tony,

That apartment view was totally Baywatch. Almost makes having to get up so early worth it.

#54     Nov 7, 2001
  5. Rigel

Rigel

Quiet But Deadly
    Your writing was excellent IMO.
    That's the way it struck me when I read it. WOW.

Tony
    Thanks for the inspiration (The pictures on the other thread, etc.). The American Dream, something to aspire to.

#55     Nov 7, 2001
  6. Quiet ButDeadly,

Keep it coming. I'm inspired. You're not in the zone, you are the zone.

#56     Nov 7, 2001