who made money today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by executioner, Jun 8, 2007.

1. I did; bought AKAM for a nice ride.

#21     Jun 8, 2007
  2. Made $200.

Interest, LOL.

Life is lousy when you have zero confidence.

#22     Jun 8, 2007
  3. Aaron

Aaron

On a percentage basis, the move in oil was more than twice the move in equity indices.

With apologies to Crocodile Dundee: "That's not a market, THIS is a market!"

#23     Jun 8, 2007
  4. All equities. Leverage my friend, leverage. That was a few mill worth of stock to make that so I probably made .8% or so.

#24     Jun 8, 2007
  5. #25     Jun 8, 2007
  6. I trade the YM now, I love it. My biggest problem was staying focused on one thing, so I could never have the discipline to find a methodology that fit my personality. Now I just focus on the YM and the 30 Dow components for my swing trades, it's working fairly well so far.

#26     Jun 8, 2007
  7. yikes! now we have serial bottom callers! I bot here, here and here.... I call everyone of you out right here right now! The bottom will be when the woodwork (=you) sell whatever oddlots you have.

#27     Jun 8, 2007
  8. Stick and move Franky, stick and move.

#28     Jun 8, 2007
  9. Frank, you see "acerbits" the newbie futures trader who picked up 40 lots premkt this morning one tick off the low :D

#29     Jun 8, 2007
  10. Not much... shorted the Dow (DXD) at the open yesterday, let it stop out this AM with a .2 point trailing stop, then went long SPY and RIG this AM. I trade with alerts while I make money the hard way. Should have had larger positions so I only made a few hundred. I borrowed money from my trading account last week for a new car so low on trading $$$

#30     Jun 8, 2007