Who made money on todays wave?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dsq, Oct 28, 2008.

1. dsq

dsq

I made money early on by shorting!But i stopped trading when i saw stocks across the board breaking out to new highs.I could sense a steady surge and felt that a big buy wave was coming and that i should stop trading til i saw a pullback and re-assess..No pullback came so i just waited it out and watched.

2. Do you have "BUY" keys on your trading platform?

:)

3. piezoe

piezoe

My mother always said, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. :)

4. :)

5. dsq

dsq

of all things i was shorting VZ!!

i scalp off momentum and support/resistance ...sell rally's/ buy dips...couldnt hit the buy keys as there was no pullbacks.

6. I was just busting chops.

Hope you didn't get too beat up. That rally was sick. You'll make up for it tomorrow. :)

7. dsq

dsq

i made money...stopped trading...isaw that gradual surge coming and got the f out of the way...vz is up 8$ in 2 days...I dont think this rally has much gas...dow range 8000-9000 is being established...

8. If I had 5 million to invest I would have made at least 700K

9. Same here... captured the initial move down for 11 ES points on the short side...then try shorting more rallies a few times and had to cover for peanuts. Too bad didn't see the monster rally early on because I had Bear tatooed in my head..crap! Should have known better. At least glad I was quick enough to get out of the way.

Went short at the close and then decided to cover AH for a quick 9 ES pts...thinking I'll get a better short level tomorrow. May be it rallies AM and dump afternoon and rally to the close. In any case, I trade based on observing the action. Anyway my observation today was biased (to the Bear) and seriously flawed.

Well, tomorrow is another day.

Yeah I need to find that "BUY" key.

Good trading!

10. There goes ol' Turder, making gay comments again.

#10     Oct 28, 2008