Who made money on todays wave?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dsq, Oct 28, 2008.

1. dsq

I made money early on by shorting!But i stopped trading when i saw stocks across the board breaking out to new highs.I could sense a steady surge and felt that a big buy wave was coming and that i should stop trading til i saw a pullback and re-assess..No pullback came so i just waited it out and watched.
  2. Do you have "BUY" keys on your trading platform?

3. piezoe

My mother always said, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. :)
  4. :)
  5. dsq

of all things i was shorting VZ!!

i scalp off momentum and support/resistance ...sell rally's/ buy dips...couldnt hit the buy keys as there was no pullbacks.
  6. I was just busting chops.

Hope you didn't get too beat up. That rally was sick. You'll make up for it tomorrow. :)
  7. dsq

i made money...stopped trading...isaw that gradual surge coming and got the f out of the way...vz is up 8$ in 2 days...I dont think this rally has much gas...dow range 8000-9000 is being established...
  8. If I had 5 million to invest I would have made at least 700K
  9. Same here... captured the initial move down for 11 ES points on the short side...then try shorting more rallies a few times and had to cover for peanuts. Too bad didn't see the monster rally early on because I had Bear tatooed in my head..crap! Should have known better. At least glad I was quick enough to get out of the way.

Went short at the close and then decided to cover AH for a quick 9 ES pts...thinking I'll get a better short level tomorrow. May be it rallies AM and dump afternoon and rally to the close. In any case, I trade based on observing the action. Anyway my observation today was biased (to the Bear) and seriously flawed.

Well, tomorrow is another day.

Yeah I need to find that "BUY" key.

Good trading!
  10. There goes ol' Turder, making gay comments again.
    #10     Oct 28, 2008