Who likes Paulson (poll)?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dhpar, Sep 23, 2008.

how good is Paulson as Treasury Secretary?

1. one of the best we've ever had

36 vote(s)
    19.5%
  2. he is ok

38 vote(s)
    20.5%
  3. he is bad

25 vote(s)
    13.5%
  4. one of the worst we've ever had

86 vote(s)
    46.5%
  1. achilles28

achilles28

He's a Douche Bag Whore who fucked the Tax Payer for Wallstreets benefit.

He's 100% anti-free market and total Elitist.

#31     Sep 23, 2008
  2. newtoet

newtoet

How do you really feel though?

#32     Sep 23, 2008
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Thats original.

#33     Sep 23, 2008
  4. newtoet

newtoet

I agree with your assessment, though.

#34     Sep 23, 2008
  5. newtoet

newtoet

#35     Sep 23, 2008
  6. Damn, that's worth repeating.

#36     Sep 23, 2008
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Nice to see I'm not a voice in the Wilderness.

Seriously, the Guy is a total shill for Big Money.

#37     Sep 23, 2008
  8. I agress 100% with the gov't injecting an infusion of money into the system to resolve or mitigate the problems we are having.

However, listening to Paulson today just makes me sick. I cannot believe that POMPOUS liar could have ever been CEO of GS. He uses the word, 'O.K.', the way a teenager uses 'like'. Pure snake-oil salesman.

Recalling his previous annoucements regarding the problem, his obvious disdain for oversight, and the fact that he escaped taxes on 200 MILLION in profits speaks volumes about his credibilty. Not to mention the fact that he was CEO of GS from 1999 thru 2006 when this debacle started.

These observations, coupled with the fact that he is associated with an administration that used the same kind of lies to lead us into a stupid war makes me wonder if this whole mess shouldn't just be left to the 'forces of the market'.

#38     Sep 23, 2008
  9. dis

dis

Paulson is the greatest bank robber of all times.

#39     Sep 23, 2008
  10. Many of you guys on this thread are forgetting that Republican Dick Armey, who was the House Majority Leader from 1995-2003 simply sat by and did nothing while all of this mortgage crap was going on . . . It was ALL about how free-markets without oversight or smart regulation would be the arbiter of capitalism.

Paulson and Bernanke are simply trying to "clean-up" the mess of others by putting a "bid" in the Tier-3 marketplace that has been ravished by "mark-to-market" accounting changes and ratings agencies that have no clue what they are doing.

If you guys think that what is going on here is "No Big Deal" then feel free to take a look at how well the CP market is working.

It's not.
    It's frozen.
    Just ask CAT.

And yet for much of this year idiots on ET have been pounding the table and advocating rate hikes . . .

Go figure.

#40     Sep 24, 2008