Who likes CNBC asia more than the north american one

Discussion in 'Trading' started by staffpro, Sep 15, 2008.

1. the australian chick + the chinese dude imo make a 5000x better and more professional team (minus rick santelli) remind me sort of bloomberg.

2. I like them all except that one dude I think is in Japan; seems like he's reading all the time.

How about the "ok" man? You like him?
    Every third word is OK! :)

Today, OK, we have, OK, a real interesting market, OK, and, OK, it's going to be, OK, it's going to be getting even more interesting, OK...

3. rickf

rickf

HELL YES

CNBC-World doesn't have all the annoying sound effects and gee-whiz graphics that CNBC-USA does. They also don't cheerlead or engage in a ton of in-your-face shoutfests like CNBC-USA (ie, Dennis Neal, Larry Kudlow) and tend to be more analytical and informative versus annoying if not entertaining.

Frankly CNBC-World has more of a professional 'Bloomberg' feel to it. Thankfully, for market news and analysis, I have Bloomberg now, so I at least have one 'real' business news channel that I find useful when not trading.

But every time I see CNBC-World, I'm reminded of how much of a circus CNBC-USA is, and how the US-based channel is geared more for newsfotainment rather than 'news'.

4. I agree with you about the cnbc asia.

I don't watch TV during trading, unless its Hogans Heroes or something but before the market opens I watch Bloomberg and at night I have cnbc asia on in the background. If I am still up I watch the Europe Squawk.

John

5. dave74

dave74

I totally agree.

6. i like the Australian chick alot more than erin burnett or maria bartiromo

Australian accents are HOT

i also like how (like bloomberg) they tend to be unbiased/no opinions.

7. That Australian chick is HOT :D

8. axehawk

axehawk

9. dealer

dealer

Depending on your cable provider in the US, you may also be able to view CNBC europe from 10am cst.

10. bxptone

bxptone

Wow welcome to forever ago! No wonder so much people are getting creamed, talk about being behind the times. None of you have ever watched financial news at night?

#10     Sep 15, 2008